INTENSEWRECKAGE

ELS V7- Need Help

Hello, I am relatively new to this and I installed ELS v7. It was working fine until I installed a software update on my keyboard. I can still activate ELSbut I cannot toggle the info panel or change the ELS settings. I have tried reverting to the old software for my keyboard, and pretty much everything else I could think of. Any suggestions? If it is required for more info I can use Team Viewer. I appreciate any and all help

-Carson

Hello, I am relatively new to this and I installed ELS v7. It was working fine until I installed a software update on my keyboard. I can still activate ELSbut I cannot toggle the info panel or change the ELS settings. I have tried reverting to the old software for my keyboard, and pretty much everything else I could think of. Any suggestions? If it is required for more info I can use Team Viewer. I appreciate any and all help

-Carson

Try reinstalling ELS , remove all of its settings then reinstall it. Then go through the config file and check the keyboard shortcut for the info panel and test it.

Try reinstalling ELS , remove all of its settings then reinstall it. Then go through the config file and check the keyboard shortcut for the info panel and test it.

I have tried this sadly, Needless to say it didn't work. I have no clue what to try now!

I have tried this sadly, Needless to say it didn't work. I have no clue what to try now!

Ok, have you tried verifying by using another keyboard or pc to make sure it is your keyboard drivers and not a file error?

Try going into the ELS config file again and see if there is an option to set the menu panel on by default, or even remap the keys to different ones and test again.

Ok, have you tried verifying by using another keyboard or pc to make sure it is your keyboard drivers and not a file error?

Try going into the ELS config file again and see if there is an option to set the menu panel on by default, or even remap the keys to different ones and test again.

I have tried using a different keyboard but not a different PC. I have tried changing the keys for the info panel but still no luck. I am re installing GTA to see if that would fix it.  I am using a laptop and the keyboard on the laptop wont even work...

I have tried using a different keyboard but not a different PC. I have tried changing the keys for the info panel but still no luck. I am re installing GTA to see if that would fix it.  I am using a laptop and the keyboard on the laptop wont even work...

If the keyboard on the laptop doesn't work you've got a hardware fault and reinstalling drivers or the game probably wont help you all too much (but hey feel free to try it anyway for the satisfaction, I would)

Using a plug in USB keyboard should fix the issue providing you install that keyboard's drivers too. Failing that you can buy replacement keyboards for laptops off eBay and fit them yourself, really not that difficult, most of the time they just pop out, literally.

If the keyboard on the laptop doesn't work you've got a hardware fault and reinstalling drivers or the game probably wont help you all too much (but hey feel free to try it anyway for the satisfaction, I would)

Using a plug in USB keyboard should fix the issue providing you install that keyboard's drivers too. Failing that you can buy replacement keyboards for laptops off eBay and fit them yourself, really not that difficult, most of the time they just pop out, literally.

I actually have a wired keyboard with updated drivers and that doesn't work either.

I actually have a wired keyboard with updated drivers and that doesn't work either.

Man that is just....broken. It's all broken.

Throw it out the window and buy a gaming pc. :)

lol, that is exactly what I am going to do :P thank you for trying to help!

Good choice! 

No worries, I'll keep thinking and maybe I will figure out something genius to fix your problem, but yeah gaming pc all the way.

Good luck :)