NaughtyJothi

LCPDFR 1.0a random crash?

*The files with "_updated" are the files for the 2nd crash, as stated below.

This crash happen after i was leaving a cop chase scene and knocked into a civilian vehicle a block or so away.

I have browse the logs and notice, in the advancehook.log the last line:

Address: 1248415 (Faulting module: F:GamesSteamLibrarySteamAppscommonGrand Theft Auto IV - CopyGTAIVGTAIV.exe)
Code: C0000005
Registerdump - EAX: 0 EBP: 6317EA40 EBX: 6317EB6C ECX: 570C680 EDI: 374DF170 EDX: 1F EIP: 1248415 ESI: 374DF170 ESP: 6317EA40

Could this have caused the crash. And if so how do i fix it. What does it mean bu my game .exe is faulty?

And 1 more thing: when i call for a firefighters to a scene, they arriive but dont put out the fire, the truck drive close and get on fire itself before blowing up, is that suppose to be like that?

Backgound info:

- Legit GTA Iv bough on Steam

- Made a copy of the GTA directory to be used for mods: "Grand Theft Auto IV - Copy"
- So far only have LCPDFR1.0a mod installed, plan on installing more includiong graphic mods but want to ensure stability 1st
- Installed LCPDFR 1.0 using auto installer before using 1.0a hotfix

PC Specs:

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3720QM

16GB ram
Nvida GeForce 680M

Thank,

NaughtyJothi

Update:

Random crash occured again, 1st when i load the game, it crash when it was loading the safe flie, no info or anthing on that.

Then i loaded the game again this time it sucessfully loaded, however crash in 10 mins of LCPDFR gameplay.
I was drinving around in the police vehical when i overturn and came back on my wheels, my parther then ran out of the car, and i drove and followed him calling him to stay ( or porvide cover under the callouts, 'parther stay' ) he then stop moving, i then entered my car and was using the police computer in the car when the game crash.

The updated file are named with '_updated'
Notice in advancehook.log it has the same error as above, the faulty exe??
In the ScriptHookDotNet.log u can notice the crash but there are 2 of it, both in the same time and minute, any sense?
And Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at alot of places.

Thanks,

NaughtyJothi

Edited by NaughtyJothi

*The files with "_updated" are the files for the 2nd crash, as stated below.

This crash happen after i was leaving a cop chase scene and knocked into a civilian vehicle a block or so away.

I have browse the logs and notice, in the advancehook.log the last line:

Address: 1248415 (Faulting module: F:GamesSteamLibrarySteamAppscommonGrand Theft Auto IV - CopyGTAIVGTAIV.exe)

Code: C0000005

Registerdump - EAX: 0 EBP: 6317EA40 EBX: 6317EB6C ECX: 570C680 EDI: 374DF170 EDX: 1F EIP: 1248415 ESI: 374DF170 ESP: 6317EA40

Could this have caused the crash. And if so how do i fix it. What does it mean bu my game .exe is faulty?

And 1 more thing: when i call for a firefighters to a scene, they arriive but dont put out the fire, the truck drive close and get on fire itself before blowing up, is that suppose to be like that?

Backgound info:

- Legit GTA Iv bough on Steam

- Made a copy of the GTA directory to be used for mods: "Grand Theft Auto IV - Copy"

- So far only have LCPDFR1.0a mod installed, plan on installing more includiong graphic mods but want to ensure stability 1st

- Installed LCPDFR 1.0 using auto installer before using 1.0a hotfix

PC Specs:

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit

Intel Core i7-3720QM

16GB ram

Nvida GeForce 680M

Thank,

NaughtyJothi

Update:

Random crash occured again, 1st when i load the game, it crash when it was loading the safe flie, no info or anthing on that.

Then i loaded the game again this time it sucessfully loaded, however crash in 10 mins of LCPDFR gameplay.

I was drinving around in the police vehical when i overturn and came back on my wheels, my parther then ran out of the car, and i drove and followed him calling him to stay ( or porvide cover under the callouts, 'parther stay' ) he then stop moving, i then entered my car and was using the police computer in the car when the game crash.

The updated file are named with '_updated'

Notice in advancehook.log it has the same error as above, the faulty exe??

In the ScriptHookDotNet.log u can notice the crash but there are 2 of it, both in the same time and minute, any sense?

And Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at alot of places.

Thanks,

NaughtyJothi

Hi and welcome to the forums. Did you try the following options?

1. Reinstall LCPDFR

2. These may or may not be LCPDFR related. GTAIV is rather unstable when modified.

However, if you find something like this in your LCPDFR.log "System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'freval_77' to type 'freval_89'", we are aware of this bug.

• Make sure you aren't using a crack - We don't support cracks
  • Update GTA IV to 1.0.7.0 (the latest version of the game, or 1.1.2.0 for EFLC) - This sometimes fixes a wide variety of issues
  • Make sure that you run the game as an administrator.
  • Make sure that your GTA IV root folder (and every subdirectory) is not set to "read-only"
  • Ensure that ScriptHook.dll, ScriptHookDotNet.asi and Dsound.dll OR Xlive.dll are in the GTA IV ROOT folder
  • Ensure that there is a folder titled 'LCPDFR' in the ROOT GTA IV folder.
  • Check that all the above files exist, if they do not, reinstall LCPDFR with the MANUAL installation.
  • Ensure that you are using up to date versions of every LCPDFR dependency and LCPDFR itself.
  • Install these: .Net Framework 4.5Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2012