Sign in to follow this  
Jordan White

AdvancedHook Issue (I think.)

Hello, for the past month I've had nothing but random crashes, I thought I had fixed it earlier today by applying some ELS 7 fixes but turns out I was wrong.. I checked all the log files and the only entry I could see that matches the crash time is this.. this happens within 5-10 mins of game play, particularly during callouts. (EFLC)

Log started on: 17:47:45 3-9-2014
------------------------
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Gameversion - 1.1.2.0
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Data unprotected
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Game patched
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Xlive protections disabled
[iNFO - 17:47:45] AdvancedHook 0.29 © 2010-2014 LMS - Initialized
[iNFO - 17:47:45] E-Mail: lms@lcpdfr.com
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Permission granted for LCPDFR only
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Thanks to listener, aru and #iv-modding
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Attaching exception handler...
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Exception handler attached
[iNFO - 17:47:45] Patching game functions...
[iNFO - 17:54:2] An exception occured
[iNFO - 17:54:2] 
Process: EE0000 

Address: 1B27F0C (µžh)

Code: C0000005

Registerdump - EAX: 9159490 EBP: 6F2CEE80 EBX: 9CECEB0 ECX: 0 EDI: 93 EDX: 51 EIP: 1B27F0C ESI: 49C0 ESP: 6F2CE8BC

I can attach other logs if need be, just tell me which ones.

Mods:

4 Double Doppler GTA IV UK Police Cars & Horns

VdH Police Helper (up to date)

LCPDFR 1.0 Automatic install with 1.0a hotfix manually patched.

PC Specs:

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (3.9GHZ O/C)

MSI R9 270X 4GB VRAM

8GB DDR3 1333 RAM SAMSUNG

Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate.

Standard Cooling system.

Thanks for the help chaps!

Sorry for the bump but really hoping this issue could be resolved soon, I have very little free time after work. (Training to be a real copper woohoo) 

No need to bump, we will get to you eventually. Patience is a virtue :)

Could you please attach the LCPDFR.log file for me to look at?

You're using VDH police helper so a first port to call would be to disable it's world events as a lot of users report a compatibility issue between this and LCPDFR 1.0.

Does the game produce any kind of error when it crashes or does it just stop responding in the typical windows 7 way?

Have you tried removing any of your models, such as police vehicles or pedestrians. These are quite often the main cause for instant crashes.

No need to bump, we will get to you eventually. Patience is a virtue :)

Could you please attach the LCPDFR.log file for me to look at?

You're using VDH police helper so a first port to call would be to disable it's world events as a lot of users report a compatibility issue between this and LCPDFR 1.0.

Does the game produce any kind of error when it crashes or does it just stop responding in the typical windows 7 way?

Have you tried removing any of your models, such as police vehicles or pedestrians. These are quite often the main cause for instant crashes.

File has been attached. 

VDH was only installed couple days ago, the random crashes were present before its install; if you still feel I should remove it I will.

The game crashes in the 'typical windows 7' way, with the usual "EFLC(BLAA).exe has stopped blablabla" with the option for more advanced details on the crash.

I've also attached my els.ini file so you can see the ELS settings, it seems like a classic ELS7 crash but I had thought I fixed it previously. The ELS.ini was replaced with Double Dopplers' own configuration file, could it be he was using a ELS6 (or under) version and with my replacing the ELS7 one with his is responsible? 

Here's the cars that I replaced with his for the met collection: noose - police - police2 - polpatriot & with his supplied horns.

If you require any further information and/or logs please do ask.

Edit: ELS.INI was refused for upload.

Thanks,

Jordan.

Edited by Jordan White

File has been attached. 

VDH was only installed couple days ago, the random crashes were present before its install; if you still feel I should remove it I will.

The game crashes in the 'typical windows 7' way, with the usual "EFLC(BLAA).exe has stopped blablabla" with the option for more advanced details on the crash.

I've also attached my els.ini file so you can see the ELS settings, it seems like a classic ELS7 crash but I had thought I fixed it previously. The ELS.ini was replaced with Double Dopplers' own configuration file, could it be he was using a ELS6 (or under) version and with my replacing the ELS7 one with his is responsible? 

Here's the cars that I replaced with his for the met collection: noose - police - police2 - polpatriot & with his supplied horns.

If you require any further information and/or logs please do ask.

Edit: ELS.INI was refused for upload.

Thanks,

Jordan.

Right well your LCPDFR.log confirms it's not an error with LCPDFR causing a crash which means it's one of your other mods that is causing it.

What I would do is uninstall your car models and uninstall ELS then ensure LCPDFR can run with the VDH police helper. It should run fine like that without any other models etc.

If it still crashes after that my only recommendation is to play it on the safe side, remove everything and reinstall the lot from scratch to make sure.

You don't necessarily need to uninstall the vdh police helper, it should have an option in its configuration file to disable all world events from occurring, which is what people report as the culprit of their crashes.

Right well your LCPDFR.log confirms it's not an error with LCPDFR causing a crash which means it's one of your other mods that is causing it.

What I would do is uninstall your car models and uninstall ELS then ensure LCPDFR can run with the VDH police helper. It should run fine like that without any other models etc.

If it still crashes after that my only recommendation is to play it on the safe side, remove everything and reinstall the lot from scratch to make sure.

You don't necessarily need to uninstall the vdh police helper, it should have an option in its configuration file to disable all world events from occurring, which is what people report as the culprit of their crashes.

I just ran a debuging application while playing the game, it basically locates the source for any windows errors (made by me for my old school lol) which then took me directly to the ELS folder. I'll remove ELS and revert to the default/native gta4.img which I have backed up via steam.

I'll let you know how it goes.

The initital problem was ELS I believe, I still had NON-ELS units trying to use ELS such as the native patrol car.

All though the issue I reported has been fixed, I did get a fatal error today which I believe was due to VdH Policing Script so I will disable its world events.

The initital problem was ELS I believe, I still had NON-ELS units trying to use ELS such as the native patrol car.

All though the issue I reported has been fixed, I did get a fatal error today which I believe was due to VdH Policing Script so I will disable its world events.

Glad the initial problem has been fixed.

If you have any further issues with the policing script let me know, but if you disable world events that should stop the errors.