Sign in to follow this  
Throwaway1234

LCPDFR 1.0a crashing game at random

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this issue for right at two weeks now and cannot find the cause, During calls, pullovers or whatever else you do with LCPDFR the game will just crash at random which renders it unplayable for video's.. Whenever I remove the script I have no issues whatsoever.

I will leave the log file so maybe someone can help me out.

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

Edited by dcp1293

Do you have the LCPDFR log too? 

The funny part is that the LCPDFR log is clean without issues but the game only crashes when I am doing something releated to LCPDFR, When I remove it I have no issues with the game whatsoever and can play for hours.

With LCPDFR enabled I get maybe 5-10 minutes of play-time. Also, I have tried multiple partitions of the game.

Mods installed:

LCPDFR

ELS v7

Car mods (And sometimes without)

Ped clothing mods

Weapon mods (Been using those for months)

Scripts such as vdH Police Helper but not lately.

ENB that I have used for well over a year

Road textures

Simple Native Trainer

other small mods

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

You have a ton of script mods, that may be it. LCPDFR is only officially supported on a unmodded copy of the game. 

Again: Do you have the "lcpdfr.log" file? 

I'm sorry, but LCPDFR is not the bad boy here, the crash does not come from any of its calls/actions. It crashes deep in the game.

If you are interested in details, [eax+8] returns a null pointer:

.text:0057666B 00C                 mov     eax, [eax+8]

.text:0057666E 00C                 mov     edx, [eax]

You have a ton of script mods, that may be it. LCPDFR is only officially supported on a unmodded copy of the game. 

Again: Do you have the "lcpdfr.log" file? 

Even though I just mentioned that the log file is clean I will include it, The game seems to crash without any script other than it installed, I have even completely re-modded my game and created a partition with LCPDFR, ELS and maybe one car mod installed only and the issue remains.

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

I'm sorry, but LCPDFR is not the bad boy here, the crash does not come from any of its calls/actions. It crashes deep in the game.

If you are interested in details, [eax+8] returns a null pointer:

.text:0057666B 00C                 mov     eax, [eax+8]

.text:0057666E 00C                 mov     edx, [eax]

Hey man,

Do you happen to know what the cause could be? It only happens when LCPDFR is being used so maybe I don't have a needed driver installed or something? It's unplayable to me right now haha.

Been spending the better part of two weeks attempting to resolve it.

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

Hey man,

Do you happen to know what the cause could be? It only happens when LCPDFR is being used so maybe I don't have a needed driver installed or something? It's unplayable to me right now haha.

Been spending the better part of two weeks attempting to resolve it.

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

Hello,

no sadly not, if it was obvious, I would have told you. It happens in a section I have almost no documentation for and there's no way to trace the issue back to a higher level. It's definitely not a driver or missing dependency, I'd say it's a game bug and it might be worsened by the additional load LCPDFR puts on your system. For the records, you might want to run LCPDFR on a second vanilla copy and see if the issue persists. Good luck!

LMS

-snip-

After more testing it seems that ELS v7 is the culprit as I have installed it after doing much testing with LCPDFR without issues and now that it has been added I crash quite often.. Does anyone happen to know any settings I can try to help resolve this?

EDIT: After removing ELS and only having LCPDFR 1.0a installed I was in a pursuit and when I got out of the car and shot at the suspect the game instantly crashed, Same error as before.

Second Edit: Downloaded a complete new copy of the game off of steam and dragged the LCPDFR 1.0a files into the main directory and got an error (Log posted).

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

Edited by dcp1293

Hello,

sorry to hear it still crashes. The error you posted is pretty generic: "System.AccessViolationException" basically just tells just something internal went wrong and as you can see it sadly doesn't provide any useful details. The only real advice I can give you is to try lowering settings a little, maybe that helps.

LMS

I am officially at a loss of what could be causing this, I have tried everything imaginable and still seem to have the issue, Created new partitions and tried LCPDFR alone, Tried Scripthook files, Advancedhook and much more.

It has only been happening for a couple weeks and worked perfect before then with all the same settings and files.

Regards,

Dylan - DCP1293

Edited by dcp1293