Nighte

Criminals and other officers acting like total morons.

Hello everyone.

Finally I managed to fix this issue with only few types of callouts by changing my system to 64 bit version. Now everything works quite fine, except one thing. I figured out that during some pursuits etc. criminals and police officers act like they're stupid. For example, during pursuit, they're hitting lamps and walls all the time, they can't drive away because they got stucked on road. I don't expect them to work perfectly, but I think it's not usual and normal for AI to behave THAT stupid. What do you think? Is it some kind of bug or something?

Edited by Nighte

Hello. That's not a bug, it's a feature so to speak. The AI has been greatly improved from vanilla GTA IV though. It's part of the GTA charm that they crash into objects.

Okay, but is it actually that bad? Other officers behave like I don't exist. When I stop a suspect and try to frisk or arrest them, other participants of pursuit just hit me, and then just either drive away or get out of the car and point their guns at the suspect. Not only that, but also during pursuit itself they're hitting me like I'm invisible. So you are completely sure that it's normal?

Well.. I'd say it's not a bug. A bug is when you're frisking someone your game crashes :D 

I too hate unrealistic AI behavior, and do my best to neutralize its results, like setting the amount of cars in pursuits to 1 and officers to 4 or 2. Then, when a chase is started, I immediately set via F8 the passive behavior. For now that's all that can help. And yeah, sometime I don't even call in a pursuit, when it's easier to get him myself as realistic as I want.