Sign in to follow this  
bravozero

ELS v7 not liking AI and player cars

Since I've been running the game with mods fairly well, I decided to try and add ELS cars to the AI police vehicles.

Here's the problem I run into now... I can spawn a bunch of Police and Police2 vehicles, both ELS enabled, and the game will run fine. If spawn a bunch of my own player vehicles only, no ELS Police or Police2, it also runs fine. However, when I have both one of my vehicles and a Police vehicle spawned with lights on, the game crashes. Dunno what's causing it to crash.

Make sure that you are running the game with the administrative rights by going to GTA IV/EFLC folder, right click on GTAIV.exe/EFLC.exe, select 'Properties' then 'Compatibility' and enable option 'Run this program as administrator', also do the same exact thing to the LaunchGTAIV/EFLC.exe (if you have Windows 8, then ignore LaunchGTAIV/EFLC.exe part).

Edited by Matosh

Yup, done all of that. Still crashed.

Then disable the ELS for the AI.

Do you have dsound.dll and xlive.dll files in your GTA IV/EFLC folder?

Edited by Matosh

Where is the error coming from? (eg. Windows, GTA IV, The mod itself, etc.)

Windows displays the generic "crash" popup, and the error is listed in the popup. Also states the program that caused the crash is GTAIV.exe

Then disable the ELS for the AI.

Do you have dsound.dll and xlive.dll files in your GTA IV/EFLC folder?

Yup. At first I had a newer version of "dsound" in the root directory and the game wouldn't even get past the loading screen. After replacing it with an older version the game would properly load.

"xlive.dll" is also in the root directory.

Yup. At first I had a newer version of "dsound" in the root directory and the game wouldn't even get past the loading screen. After replacing it with an older version the game would properly load.

Replace the older version of the dsound.dll with newer one (http://www.hazardx.com/details.php?file=84) and delete savegame files. If the game still crashes with new savegames then you will have to delete xlive.dll from your GTA IV/EFLC directory folder. Having two asi loaders to run at the same time can cause errors like that one.

Windows displays the generic "crash" popup, and the error is listed in the popup. Also states the program that caused the crash is GTAIV.exe

That's most likely your problem :) You can't have xliveless and dsound in GTA IV at the same time. :) Hope this helps! :D

Well, I disabled the ELS for AI and followed those steps above. Now I'm still getting a crash even with just me using ELS.

I'm seriously about fed up with this f*cking game.

Well, I disabled the ELS for AI and followed those steps above. Now I'm still getting a crash even with just me using ELS.

I'm seriously about fed up with this f*cking game.

Install the game again?