Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Quiggles

GTAIV CVPI ELS Rear White Strobe Issue, fix?

Hello all,

I tried my best to look through the forums for the solution of this problem, finding none, I decided to make my own. 

Take this GTAIV CVPI by BxBugs, http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads/pom_cvpi_nhp_OI2.png

See the rear backup lights? On some IRL and Ingame modded cars, those flash. They're set to different patterns like wigwag or work with the primary lighting. 

My question is, ingame, can I remove those lights, specifically only those? They interfere heavily with my ENB causing them to have this big bloom around that area of the car, it's distracting and downgrades my user experience. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem! 

Is there any way to make that white light transparent, so that the flash is not visible? I'm no noob at customizing lights, making custom lighting ect. It's just that I can never find the file in the cars that contains the white flasher. 

And if you're wondering, I specifically put this under a "CVPI" topic because on a Crown Victoria ingame it's the worst because the surface area is much larger. That's why when some ambulances spawn with ELS they look like a massive light circle, they have large lights on them. The White Rear Flashers on Impala's, Taurus's, Charger's ect is much less of an issue.  

Hopefully somebody out there knows!

Thanks!

-Q

I can't see that screenshot because of this - "You don't have permission to access /downloads/pom_cvpi_nhp_OI2.png on this server.". I assume it's from the Bxbugs123's Nevada Highway Patrol CVPI model.

Take a screenshot of that CVPI with lights on and post it here.

The only way you can remove the lights is:

a) by importing the vehicle model into the ZModeler but you can't do that because the vehicle model is locked

b) opening the lights texture from the .wtd file with the graphics editing software and making the lights transparent

What you can also do is extract the texture file from the .wtd file which has light textures on it to be used with ELS then open it with graphics editing software, select the lights that are to intense, paste black colour on it and lower the opacity. That will make the lights not so bright while the other lights are not affected.

Since you mentioned headlights and rear lights then there is nothing you can do about them because there is no texture file for them. The only way to reduce the intensity of those lights is to lower the value in the visualsettings.dat file but that will also make other lights not so intense too, or you can reduce the bloom from the ENB but that will also again make other lights not so intense.

Some of the newer assembled or made models that are released by the modders/modelers have texture file for the headlights and rear lights which you can open with graphics editing software and make them transparent or make them to look not so intense by painting the light texture with the black colour and lower the opacity.

I can't see that screenshot because of this - "You don't have permission to access /downloads/pom_cvpi_nhp_OI2.png on this server.". I assume it's from the Bxbugs123's Nevada Highway Patrol CVPI model.

Take a screenshot of that CVPI with lights on and post it here.

The only way you can remove the lights is:

a) by importing the vehicle model into the ZModeler but you can't do that because the vehicle model is locked

b) opening the lights texture from the .wtd file with the graphics editing software and making the lights transparent

What you can also do is extract the texture file from the .wtd file which has light textures on it to be used with ELS then open it with graphics editing software, select the lights that are to intense, paste black colour on it and lower the opacity. That will make the lights not so bright while the other lights are not affected.

Since you mentioned headlights and rear lights then there is nothing you can do about them because there is no texture file for them. The only way to reduce the intensity of those lights is to lower the value in the visualsettings.dat file but that will also make other lights not so intense too, or you can reduce the bloom from the ENB but that will also again make other lights not so intense.

Some of the newer assembled or made models that are released by the modders/modelers have texture file for the headlights and rear lights which you can open with graphics editing software and make them transparent or make them to look not so intense by painting the light texture with the black colour and lower the opacity.

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I was using BxBug's Nevada CVPI as an example, but there's dozens of CVPI models with the white rear back-up light flashers. (Still don't know what to call them!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69mjXbyP1eE - There's a random video I found on YouTube that shows the light, obviously there is no ENB so it doesn't over intensify the lighting on the rear back up light.

I will try as you suggested, making it all black. I know my way around the model textures, but it'll be some guess and check to find out which texture it is, I'll start with emerglights.png 

I'll try both transparent and black in the corresponding slots, if I find it.  

Thank you sir! If I have any other questions, I'll get back to you here. 

Was able to create both the actual rear light texture transparent, and the light flashing to it transparent. So it just has the color of the trunk behind it because it is the trunk. I had to make the actual texture of the light transparent because then there would be a black flashing light on top of it which was distracting. 

So it all worked out. :)