GTA 4 acts up after downloading LCPDFR

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this is not bringing my hopes up.

But if you guys have any suggestions I am willing to try whatever to get the game to work and hopefully LCPDFR will go smoothly.

What Matosh said, how do you install it? Because somewhere, something went wrong we think. 

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

Downloaded from amazon.com... saved the file, ran it, it downloaded the autorun file which took about 12-14 hours to download. Afterwards, I started doing the steps from the guide on installing it to the computer.

Edit: Would it matter if my GFWL is in Progams(x86) and not with the GTA folder in just regular program files?

Edited by Gatek3eper

Downloaded from amazon.com... saved the file, ran it, it downloaded the autorun file which took about 12-14 hours to download. Afterwards, I started doing the steps from the guide on installing it to the computer.

Edit: Would it matter if my GFWL is in Progams(x86) and not with the GTA folder in just regular program files?

No, that should not be an issue. But just to be on the safe side, uninstall it and reinstall it in the x86 folder. 

Genius, uninstalling it from program files and moving it to the (x86) worked. The game is running, I re-installed the title update in the x86, after that, badda boom badda bing worked out great. I still haven't tried the LIVE yet, going to test that now and if that runs okay where I can play multiplayer then I'll move on to installing LCPDFR and hope that I don't mess up somewhere.

Added: Alright, now I know about the product key with "steam" but I did not buy from steam, I bought from amazon, so how am I supposed to use the steps to redeem the code if I did not use steam?

Edited by Gatek3eper

Genius, uninstalling it from program files and moving it to the (x86) worked. The game is running, I re-installed the title update in the x86, after that, badda boom badda bing worked out great. I still haven't tried the LIVE yet, going to test that now and if that runs okay where I can play multiplayer then I'll move on to installing LCPDFR and hope that I don't mess up somewhere.

Added: Alright, now I know about the product key with "steam" but I did not buy from steam, I bought from amazon, so how am I supposed to use the steps to redeem the code if I did not use steam?

This thread now makes me happy! :D

You can play multiplayer by bringing up the phone in-game and selecting the Multiplayer menu!

You redeem the key when you install the game, atleast that's what I did. Maybe the Amazon version is different and you have to activate it within the game, using GFWL. 

Edited by ineseri

I typed in the SERIAL key when installing the game.. now in-game for me to sign-in to GFWL in-game it is saying that I require a valid product key which is the same as the SERIAL key I suppose, yet when typed in it says its invalid.

Edit: I've looked around on google.com and still have not found the solution. They say after you redeem the code that it should be in my GFWL marketplace downloads but there is no GTA 4 download in the marketplace for me to get the new product key code.

If there is another link on this forum that talks about it, then posting it here would be great as since the game works now its off topic about the product key and the community staff might not appreciate it too much to stay off topic.

Edited by Gatek3eper

Edit: Make sure the one SERIAL/PRODUCT KEY is redeemed to the GFWL account that you want to use, because that is where it will always be generated to and trying to use the same key on a differ account will not work. You would literally have to buy a new copy of the game just for the "product" key so you can redeem that key and use it to the account..