jusromaine1

how to get els mod light bar to go thru tinted windows

ive been working on trying to get a front windsheld light bar to light true my front windsheld but it has a tent to it cam from bugs123 that way and it wont light thru it there extra_1 tru extra_4 i think then extra5 thru 8 like that. plz help thanks.

Edit:  I have put the els mods out side the windows and they work you see them then but when there are behind the glass you can barly barly see them if your gett looking hard. I have tryed changing them to extra1- extra6 like that but still no change. when its be hind the galss all the glars out side you see them but not the lights thru the windsheld. Im working with the 2008 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN SUB-V1.3 from Bxbugs123 link to down load: http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2039 the light bar. is the '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent> title="View file named [uNLOCKED] Whelen Inner Edge TIR3">[uNLOCKED] Whelen Inner Edge TIR3 by deco download link '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

thanks

Edited by jusromaine

use a different tint texture...cj's dodge charger 2012 model has a tint texture and allows for els lights to go through so extract the texture from spark iv and you will be able to apply it to any car

IF you are trying to (from what i understand) to make a ELS light that is behind a tinted window to go through. The only way I know of is to make the window tint texture a png with a opacity of no more then like 75-80 and the opacity will let the light go through. If you want your windows 100 percent tinted I cant help you with that sorry ! Good luck !

If i helped you like this comment please !

And post a screenshot if you get it working !

I did a test and changed the windows_templet from black to white and it changed all my windows to white so I got to find a way to try transparent or something u have a link to the charger thanks

I use GIMP, but it should be the same. You set the layer opacity to what you like then add an invisible layer, merge them, then save it like it is.

I did a test and changed the windows_templet from black to white and it changed all my windows to white so I got to find a way to try transparent or something u have a link to the charger thanks

use paint.net with a transparency addon its a really good program for modding textures and doing windows and stuff for iv  

We'll I had to use what can with the car and it won't work I whent to completely transparent and it still won't show thru don't under stand.

Got it working now found a trick wasent the tint its were you place in on the list. "so note to self dont make it last" lol

Heres a photo.http://www.lcpdfr.com/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-113576-0-26454700-1377318755.jpghttp://www.lcpdfr.com/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-113576-0-52217800-1377319891.jpg

Edited by jusromaine

We'll I had to use what can with the car and it won't work I whent to completely transparent and it still won't show thru don't under stand.

Got it working now found a trick wasent the tint its were you place in on the list. "so note to self dont make it last" lol

Heres a photo.attachicon.giftahobuild.jpgattachicon.giftahobuild2.jpg

You're lights don't look very bright, did you try and make them brighter?

I mean by default in the game in the common/data/visual settings folder, open that and scroll down to "Other.emissive" change the value to a higher value, it'll make the lights brighter.