Marazm

LCPDFR causing game to crash randomly

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I have problem with LCPD:FR, because it causes game to crash at any time. Moreover, I cannot read what is the error, because at the moment I return to desktop the window "Error" disappears. Apart from LCPD:FR i am using modded cars, some of them are in my parking slots. I am also using ELS. However, I don't think they might be the source of the problem, as the game also crashes when I remove the rest of mods. I am attaching G17 diagnostic report.

P.S. I cannot set the GTA IV folder to read-only. In properties I untick "Read-only", set it to "apply to every file and subfolder" - system does it - I close the window of properties. However, when I open properties again, GTA IV ROOT folder is still Read Only.

i am using modded cars, some of them are in my parking slots.

There's your problem. You can't put a car in a parking slot and mod it, That causes the error "SMPA60" You put a car in the save slot and mod it. Next time you start your game, The game has the car's name BEFORE you modded it (or info), The game tries to find the old information about the car and load that, but instead can't because it no longer exists - you placed it with a modded car. so it goes crazy and ends up crashing. - For a full explanation of SMPA60, Go here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It's not a problem with LCPDFR but more your modded car and that slot. The only thing you can do is start a new game and do NOT save cars.

This should be in GTA IV support since it is a gta error and nothing to do with LCPDFR but that's really the only way to solve it.

Make sure to read the full explanation - It may not just be the saved cars, Car mods in general may cause crashes due to faulty setup or other reasons.

Edited by Sonny236