Yoda

What computer that is good for playing lcpdfr?

Well I have a G72-B57CL notebook and I always lag when I start up my GTA 4. This also happens on other games.What are some good Gaming computer's or laptop's?
I also have window's 7 is this a problem?

Edited by Yoda

The thing is, almost all laptops are poorly optimized for gaming, even more so for gta iv gaming. A tower would be your best choice. 

I'm not really an expert on hardware, someone else here will probably have an idea though :)

Well I have a G72-B57CL notebook and I always lag when I start up my GTA 4. This also happens on other games.What are some good Gaming computer's or laptop's?

I also have window's 7 is this a problem?

Yoda

Couple things for you on this one. Your PC uses a Intel chip for graphics. Those are terrible for the most part of any type on intensive gaming. Assuming you haven't upgraded the ram from 4gb to 8gb that would also pose a problem as GTIV loves to chew up ram. Last but not least, you cpu is a Pentium. Don't see much of those anymore except in most lower end notebooks so you will see a performance issue there as well.

If you have some cash to spend and want a gaming notebook then I would suggest:

Asus G55-VW.

This is a ROG laptop. Optimized for gaming (this is the laptop i'm also writing this post on as well). Usually the  price tag is in around 1200 bucks. The specs are beefy from a I7 intel cpu, 16gb ram and GTX 660m 2gb dedicated graphics. When I play GTAIVFR I can get 90fps on full res and graphics maxed.

Now that's not to say that a desktop wouldn't be better as you have the option to upgrade almost anything on a desktop and probably will be cheaper for the same type of specs, its just that a desktop isn't portable.

Hope this was on some use to you :)

Cheers

Jazz

Edited by Officer Jazz

Yoda

Desktop would be your best bet in that type of budget. Take a look around at Futureshop or BestBuy as they can have some pretty decent deals on desktops. If you live in Canada, check out NCIX or Memory Express. If you live in Ontario (Canada), check out Canada Computers. If you play your cards right you can generally build a half decent rig for the budget (give or take a few bucks). Keep in mind that budget will probably be eaten up by the tower and the hardware inside alone so you will need to account for keyboard, mouse and monitor (assuming you don't have these).

My suggestion would be (if you are looking to build) would be a i5 (quad core) with 8gb ram and a mid range video card (GTX 660 for NVidia and Radeon 7850 for ATI). I would recommend going with either Kingston or Corsair for your memory. I'm sure i'm going to open a can of worms for AMD fans however I would also suggest keeping to intel for the processor. Pick up a basic case (Shouldn't run you more then 50 bucks).

Let me know if you need anymore advise on this :)

Jazz

Is a IBUYPOWER a good tower?And would a ASUS screen be perfect for it?

http://prntscr.com/1g5s5r

http://prntscr.com/1g5sgk

I think most LED monitors should do the trick anymore. Those specs on that PC look great. If that's in your budget I wouldn't hesitate to go and get it. That will be a big difference in your gaming vs the hardware that you are using now.