Sonny236

Gta IV 1 in 10 chance of loading without crashing...Help?

Earlier this was happening but here's the story:

I'm using windows 8 and I'm playing GTA IV but it's not in steam because it's a backup (I have it on steam but its like ultra modded and this was a quicker solution rather than re-installing).

so I installed some mods like LCPDFR and VdH police-helper. Then I did the steps for windows 8 and updated to the 1.0.7.0 Patch.

now the game has a 1 in 10 chance of actually working after loading. It goes through the loading and loads "The cousins bellic" (Which I just started a new game and then saved). and pretty much randomly every few launches it will work and other times it will not.

Any solution? I used my previous vehicles.img and not a fresh one because I don't want to -reinstall all those custom cars.

The cars load fine when it loads normally but other than that its a game of "Hey, GTA. Are you gonna launch this time?".

Edited by Sonny236

I use windows 8 and have just about the same problem, lets just say windows 8 isn't meant for gaming. I suggest running the game as administrator. That's what I do. If that doesn't work the only other option is to switch back to windows 7. Hope this helps :thumbsup:.

change the compatibility 

Will try that.

I use windows 8 and have just about the same problem, lets just say windows 8 isn't meant for gaming. I suggest running the game as administrator. That's what I do. If that doesn't work the only other option is to switch back to windows 7. Hope this helps :thumbsup:.

I agree, When I bought this craptop It was my only choice at the time so if I build a gaming computer/Buy one soon, Never getting windows 8 again.