Sign in to follow this  
funmikestar

mods won't work with my steam version of game

hi lcpdfr works with my steam version of the game.  but indicator,braveheart,vdh policehelper, and els v7 wont work with it.  can anyone help me and/or direct me to a tutorial please. 

Make sure those files are in your scripts folder, not your GTAIV root folder.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Yes, VdhPoliceHelper, Vdh TowMod, Braveheart...those file go into your scripts folder, all of them.  ELSv7, unzip those files (and the folder) to your GTAIV main directory, not the script folder.

Basically the .net.dll files are scripts and go into your scripts folder, and the .asi files are not scripts and go into your main directory.

Main/root GTAIV folder for steam should be located here:  C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonGrand Theft Auto IVGTAIV

Scripts folder for GTAIV is here: C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonGrand Theft Auto IVGTAIVscripts

I use EFLC, which is in the same directory as GTAIV, one folder down from Grand Theft Auto IV.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Left-ALT+M for menu.  U to select primary patterns, I to select secondary patterns and O to select wig-wag patterns.  [ will turn on the primaries without any pattern (forget the name) and ] is your take-down lights (bright whites).  

Almost forget: J turns on the light patters (hit J 3times to get to primary patters) and H turns on sirens.  T will let you blurp your siren when needed.

It's good you have your scripts and ELS in order now.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit