TiGze

[Help] GTA IV letters and numbers bug

Hi, so i've got this weird bug wich makes ALL text appear as numbers and letters. Mods i have installed are ENB LCPDFR and a trainer.

Specs: Inter Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz  

Gainward GTX 560

8GB RAM

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

EFLC Version: 1.1.2.0

Edited by TiGze

Looks like a trainer menu..but looks like a non-english version (Polish?).  Remove the trainer and run the game.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Looks like a trainer menu..but looks like a non-english version.  Remove the trainer and run the game.

DrDetroit

The trainer menu is english, and it's not ONLY the trainer. But ALL text in the game is like this, just used the pic as an example.

Ahhh...I see.  Strange bug, never seen that issue before.  Wish I had a clue how to help with that.  Did you remove all your mods and see if the text is still like that?

DrDetroit

Ahhh...I see.  Strange bug, never seen that issue before.  Wish I had a clue how to help with that.  Did you remove all your mods and see if the text is still like that?

DrDetroit

Yeah removed the mods checked and reinstalled i think it might be ENB though, anyone know about ENB bugs?

My guess is broken font file or language mod without proper font (for example Chinese language in game without Chinese characters)

My guess is broken font file or language mod without proper font (for example Chinese language in game without Chinese characters)

Ok, any fix for this?

Ok, any fix for this?

Fully uninstalling the game then re-installing should fix it. It is most likely a missing font file.

I don't know where fonts are stored (if they are stored outside of bigger library), but you could reinstall language filesfrom backup (your own or google it). Language files are .gxt ones.

If it's a Steam version, I think you can do some sort of integrity check, located in your Steam library, and it will replace the corrupt files.  Never tried it, but I guess it works.

Gotta love Steam though.  Makes gaming life a little easier.

DrDetroit

Fairly certain that is a screen resolution problem. Try changing the resolution in the game options to something that matches your monitor(s) better. I have had GTAIV change resolutions on my system before and have had similar results as to the picture.

If it's a Steam version, I think you can do some sort of integrity check, located in your Steam library, and it will replace the corrupt files.  Never tried it, but I guess it works.

Gotta love Steam though.  Makes gaming life a little easier.

DrDetroit

Thanks, did the integrity check (Tóok almost 3 hours tho O.o) and the weird letters are all gone now :D