Haze96

PoliceHelper won't work properly anymore

Hey guys

So i got this annoying problem : PoliceHelper used to work fine, then i installed some mods and scripts and cars and now when i open it up i see the smartphone device but i can't click anything in it and i can't even close it ...I tried reinstalling it : no luck. I cleaned my scripts folder so i only keep LCPDFR and PoliceHelper (the two are normally compatible) : the problem is still here.

How can i fix this ? :wallbash:

Thank's  :thumbsup:

In 'policehelper.ini', try changing 'Force Resolution' to 1. This is the only thing in the config that stands out to me as being an option that may in some way affect it, indicated by the comment next to it saying change to 1 if the game pauses.

If that doesn't help, which scripthook are you using? Presumably it's located in the scripts folder?

Scripthook is in the main GTA IV folder and i don't know which one i'm using. Pretty sure it's the one that you get when installing LCPDFR latest version.

Yeah, it will be dsound.dll if you used that install. Should be fine. The only other thing I can think of is the mouse sensitivity option in the GTA settings menu - not set to 0 or ridiculously low, are they?

Edited by AndyMcL74

I dont think so since PH used to work and i never changed anything about cursor speed.I'll check that out later though i gotta go. Thank's for your help ! I'll come back to tell you if i managed to fix it with what you told me.

I'm 90% sure that you have installed enb that is not compatible with mods that use forms. Chech if you are able to move cursor in LCPDFR computer. If not you have to change your enb.

Did you check your mouse sensitivity (it can change by itself in some weird cases).

Does your LCPDFR computer works as it should?

the LCPDFR computer works fine

mouse sensitivity is fast enough (i think) i checked and the slider for cursor speed is 1/4 full 

I retried with Force Resolution = 1 but now i can't even see the PoliceHelper device anymore

if you set forceresolution to 1 you have to manually set also your screen resolution in ini file.

Do you see mouse cursor and can move it while being in PoliceHelper or LCPDFR computer?

Yes i can. I just can't interact with anyting in PoliceHelper. 

I have no problem with the LCPDFR computer though

Wow, that's new.  Maybe it has some key conflict with another mod? To be honest I'm lost here. It would help if you know after installing which mod PoliceHelper broke down.

I don't know i just know i installed LCPDFR then PoliceHelper then some cars (LCPD Car pack on LCPDFR then NYPD car pack on another site) then ELS, then BraveHeart's scripts (and i think that's what messed everything up because after i installed BraveHeart's script LCPDFR stopped working correctly for instance i could not tell a car to pull over (pressing SHIFT behind a car wouldn't do anything) ).

Most of users use both PoliceHelper and Policing Script. Maybe just try to reinstall. I really don;t know how to help you :(

As you can see on this screenshot i just made the device sometimes appears in the middle of the screen and in this case it won't work. Yet the rest of the game does work (i can press escape to go to the options menu)

1372952600-gtaiv-2013-07-04-17-42-18-39.

Wow, that's unusual. Something is totally wrong with your resolution. As you can see LCPDFR version text is in wrong place too. Hell, even radar is too narrow. I guess that if you turn on policehelper and click somewhere around bottom right corner of the screen you will trigger one of buttons.

Unfortunately I have no idea what causes this. Maybe other users had similar problem and could help you.

I'm the same as Abraxas, no idea. Your resolution does seem odd though. Try resetting the graphics in the menu

Actually i got this problem every time i set my resolution (for instance 1600*900) it works, then i quit the game and restart it the graphics menu says i'm in 1600*900 res but i can clearly see i'm not since the screen is ridiculously small and blurry as if i was in 800*600 or something like that. And it does this every time i start the game: i have to reset my resolution.

commandline.txt in main GTA directory, but as you don't know what is it I doubt you have that file,

Since you probably don't have a command line, try making one.

1) Open Notepad and type: -width 1600 -height 900

2) Save it as "commandline.txt" to your desktop

3) Move it to your main GTA IV directory (where GTAIV.exe is)

The problem is that GTA IV must be resetting your resolution every time you start. When you change the resolution, the scripts don't realize it, making the PHelper skin and the LCPDFR text in the middle of the screen. Another solution could be to open the console with ` (key to the left of 1 and above Tab) and type "reloadscripts" after you change the resolution every time so the scripts know what resolution you're using, but the above way will be more convenient in the future.

Edited by willpv23