Sign in to follow this  
KemCik

Windows 8 Problem?

Hello Guys!

I have two different problems. I'll start with GTA IV Complete Editon.
I bought last week GTA IV Complete Editon, there is (as you know) the normal GTA IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony & The Lost and Damned it. The problem is I can not play EFLC. When I'm in the main menu and click on EFLC and select them after one of the two games, I can only download the both games, although I have it installed already. The problem may be in Windows 8?

I hope you can help me :)

And the second problem. (It is not a problem but I have a few questions)
I have 3.1 Ghz if TurboBost is enabled but without Turbo Boost 2.5 Ghz. I've heard that Turbo Boost is enabled automatically when you start applications / games.

I look at Makinith29's videos and see that he is using ENB. I do not know what ENB but looks very nice. On his channel you can find his laptop specs, but my laptop is better than his I think. His game is not laggy because his settings are on Medium. I downloaded a couple of ENB for low-end PC's and tested. Result: Most of them don't work. The Game loads, but doesn't start! Today I found another ENB for low end and tested. I had two problems.
First I had to start a new game.
Second I could not open GFWL.
In WinRar file there were two folders. One folder was called; "optional". There were two xliveless files, so i put them into my GTA IV folder too. And I could start the game. 
I think the earlier problems were that I used no xliveless.
Can one tell me if I have a low-end or mid-end laptop?

I hope you can help me with these two problems.

Greetings KemCik

Edited by KemCik

if you have xlive in your gta 4 directory gfwl wont work take it out...... create a text document name it commandline   put this in it just like this                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                -norestrictions
-nomemrestrict
-percentagevidmem 100
-availablevidmem 12.0       then copy and  paste the document in your gta 4 main directory and run it as the administrator

Hello Guys!

I have two different problems. I'll start with GTA IV Complete Editon.
I bought last week GTA IV Complete Editon, there is (as you know) the normal GTA IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony & The Lost and Damned it. The problem is I can not play EFLC. When I'm in the main menu and click on EFLC and select them after one of the two games, I can only download the both games, although I have it installed already. The problem may be in Windows 8?

In regards to this problem, did you download the game or buy the discs? If you bought the discs, did it come with a separate disc for EFLC? If so, you must use that to play EFLC, not the GTA IV disc.

If you downloaded it, did it come with two different .exe's? One might be in a GTA IV directory and be called "launchGTAIV.exe" and the other in an EFLC directory called "launchEFLC.exe"

if you have xlive in your gta 4 directory gfwl wont work take it out...... create a text document name it commandline   put this in it just like this                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                -norestrictions

-nomemrestrict

-percentagevidmem 100

-availablevidmem 12.0       then copy and  paste the document in your gta 4 main directory and run it as the administrator

Okay, I'm gonna try it out. But what if there is already a Text Doc. called commandline? 

Thanks for your answer ^^

In regards to this problem, did you download the game or buy the discs? If you bought the discs, did it come with a separate disc for EFLC? If so, you must use that to play EFLC, not the GTA IV disc.

If you downloaded it, did it come with two different .exe's? One might be in a GTA IV directory and be called "launchGTAIV.exe" and the other in an EFLC directory called "launchEFLC.exe"

Well, there are 2 Discs, like the normal GTA IV Game without EFLC. GTA IV and EFLC are in same Discs, and yes I bought them. And there are no different .exe's.

Thank you for your Answer too ^^