Sign in to follow this  
Senatov

How to make quick edit to car?

Hello,

I am using this car with a different skin:

It is a great car, but I dislike the huge antenna on the back right side. How difficult is it to remove that? I like the other antennas (or antennae) everything else is great. I assume I would need some modeling program?

Sorry if this is a noob question.

Thanks

If the vehicle is Unlocked, then you can mess around with it. You need a program called Zmodeler. You must pay for it.

If the vehicle is Unlocked, then you can mess around with it. You need a program called Zmodeler. You must pay for it.

But if the vehicle is locked then only the person who created it can edit it.

But if the vehicle is locked then only the person who created it can edit it.

On the page for the vehicle in the description it says - 

"-MOD STATUS: OPEN"

Would that mean it's unlocked?

On the page for the vehicle in the description it says - 

"-MOD STATUS: OPEN"

Would that mean it's unlocked?

Yes it does! You still need a legit copy of Zmodeler.

Yes, but that is only the Demo version. You cannot import things without a registered version.

Fair enough. Thanks for the help!

Mod status: Open means it could get updated, no way affiliated with unlocked... But I guess he just forgot to set it to closed since it's an old car...

Anyway look in the file if there is a texture for the antenna & possibly make it blank.

Edited by sKuare

I have Zmodeler, but when I try to import the car, it says it's locked. Uh-oh...

You need to pay for the full version as said above. You cannot import files with the free version.

a locked file is one the can not be imported no matter what. the only to edit it is the have the file it was created in. Also you only need the full version to export .WFT which is was GTA IV uses 

if you asked the maker of the car nicely I think he/she whould be happy to make a small edit like that, I know I would, but I didn't make it

a locked file is one the can not be imported no matter what. the only to edit it is the have the file it was created in. Also you only need the full version to export .WFT which is was GTA IV uses 

if you asked the maker of the car nicely I think he/she whould be happy to make a small edit like that, I know I would, but I didn't make it

Wilco.