Brammo311

GTA Crashing for no known reason.

I got up in the morning, played some LCPDFR, went to work, came back, bam, game crashes during the loading screens. Wtf?

Edited by Brammo311

You launched everything the same as you did before work? (Running LaunchGTAIV.exe as administrator)

You did not install any additional content, or falsely save your game when exiting GTA:IV?

I am currently experiencing a much more severe problem that happened over a short period of time, without me installing any additional content. I would do some searching around to see if you can't find a solution.

The only change I did was add the recently released LCPD unarmed Buzzard. Other than that, OpenIV updated itself, but I don't think that would effect the game. I have no idea what could be causing this.

I'm just going to bring this topic back instead of starting a new one because I've had the same problem.

I downloaded some mods (cars, indicator mod & LCPD Detectives mod) and now GTA IV crashes as soon as the save loads.

Uninstall all recent mods, and then add them back in one at a time and test the game, then you will find the culprit and just not install it.

It just says "GTA has stopped working..." then takes me back to the desktop. I'm validating Steam files at the moment to see if I'm missing anything.

validating steam files will remove all/most mods, so I hope that you made a backup.

Yes. :/

There you go, that's the problem here.

You don't need to uninstall anything now, but follow these steps:

1. Go to your documents

2. Hit 'Documents' (Library)

3. -> Rockstar Games -> GTA IV -> savegames

4. Delete the files in the 'savegames' folder.

If this helped you, please let me know.

EDIT: Please remember, the folder where your 'savegames' folder is located, is NOT your GTA IV directory!

It's another folder located in your documents, not in your Program Files

Edited by iFlaxhax