Sign in to follow this  
Eric_Police_FL

Asus Vs. Gigabyte Motherboards?? Can anyone please put the best motherboards on here please so that i can purchase

Can anyone please put the best motherboards on here please so that i can purchase..Im heading more towards ASUS brand but can anyone post what they have so that i can research it, or maybe websites i can go to compare to the Gigabyte? and is it better to use Intel or AMD

I recommend Asus motherboards and AMD parts. 

These are two very good Asus motherboards:

ASUS P6T7 WS Ultimate Gamer - 3-Way SLI & PhysX, SATA 6GB (Intel based)

ASUS Crosshair V Formula - 3-Way SLI/CrossFire, Thunderbolt, SATA 6GB (AMD based)

Both are higher in price but are worth it.

Use this thread to help: 

Edited by Joey.

Thanks..there is a big difference in price between the 2...is the ASUS Crosshair good enough? and you said to buy Asus motherboard but buy AMD parts why?? does it run better? i want like an i5 or i7 setup is that ok?

what AMD parts is recommended? which ones should i buy, can you name 2 or 3 of the best ones? and what is a good memory stick brand? and video card as well, that is my main concern, gtx or radeon?

Thanks..there is a big difference in price between the 2...is the ASUS Crosshair good enough? and you said to buy Asus motherboard but buy AMD parts why?? does it run better? i want like an i5 or i7 setup is that ok?

what AMD parts is recommended? which ones should i buy, can you name 2 or 3 of the best ones? and what is a good memory stick brand? and video card as well, that is my main concern, gtx or radeon?

I recommend AMD and Asus do to personal experience. 

Some good memory stick brands are Corsair, Kingston and GSkill 

If you want a great PC, it will be on the 1000-1500 range

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula - 3-Way SLI/CrossFire, Thunderbolt, SATA 6GB

Video/Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7970 - 3GB GDDR5 RAM on PCI Express 3.0

Processor: AMD FX-8150 - 8 cores at 3.6GHZ clock speed.

Memory:

Corsair Dominator DDR3

GSkill Trident DDR3

Use the thread I gave you, as there are more options on there  

Edited by Joey.

got it thanks i think i saw it..i read that the AMD FX 8150 the fan is loud, i guess it brings one..i need to find a quieter one i suppose...thanks for the help..can you write down what you have personally so i can get an idea

gigabyte all the way

ive had nothing but issues with asus and abit (are they still in business even??) boards. ive thrown a pile of asuses over the years. but no gigas yet

gigabyte all the way

ive had nothing but issues with asus and abit (are they still in business even??) boards. ive thrown a pile of asuses over the years. but no gigas yet

Really? I have an asus motherboard that is 6 years old and I have yet to have problems with it. 

Really? I have an asus motherboard that is 6 years old and I have yet to have problems with it. 

Yep really. Its really an annoyance more than anything.. taking it all apart to replace a 100$ part (i avoid more expensive mobos as they are pointless)

though the asuses i used to buy were in the 150 range... 2 out of 3 failed within 2 years. then i went giga and havent looked back. 2 of 2 abits died too.

oddly enough i have a 10 year old dell branded mobo that still works in server mode. alright enough nerd talk