Sign in to follow this  
tjerome

Slow computer, help please!

The game doesn't load buildings at all pretty much, it will sometimes display Niko's apartment. It always loads the train tracks, light poles, dumpsters, etc.

When I go onto multiplayer it loads completely but will disconnect me after 30 seconds because my computer is running to slowly.

When I tried LCPDFR last night for the first time it worked but it was really slow trying to select a character and a car. Once I was able to drive a car buildings and roads wouldn't load.

It looks exactly like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agbXSszAc7M

What can I do to resolve this issue? Thank you

do you have traffic flow and if not and your having problems with loading your textures try upgrading your ram

In my opinion you have 2 options

1) If you have a laptop destroy it, and save up for a decent desktop and upgrade parts through out the year.

2) If you have a desktop upgrade it :)

I only put in the LCPD crown vic and tahoe. I don't have mods where I can spawn cars or anything. I put that in through SparkIV.

I've never done modding of any sort before so I need some guidance with this.

Trying to recall exactly what I did, I downloaded IV from Steam, applied the update to IV, downloaded LCPDFR (0.95), went through the process to put cars in there as shown by the tutorial.

I have a laptop, Intel Pentium B950 2.10GHz, 4.0GB RAM.

save money for a gaming computer that would be your best bet.  Had a friend that had the same problem he killed his labtop and he got himself a gaming computer.

like everyone said invest in a desktop(gaming). in the long run its worth every aspect you would look for in a game. specially preventing the above video.

Its nearly impossible to upgrade a laptop... the best way to fix it would be to use a desktop (as said above) lower your graphics settings to the minimum, or try using a commandline