Sign in to follow this  
CRAWFORDx96

Cop Cars Not Working.

So I was getting a CTD and some error about an invalid model or something, but got it resolved by replacing the modded vehicles.ide file with a clean one from a separate install, but when I went to place a the cop cars that I was using back into the game via sparkIV, they won't show up. I tried adding them in groups, one by one, and pretty much everything else. It kinda irritates me because I really wanna play! Lol. But any and all help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

whats the exact error, and do you have a car saved in your parking spot, this can cause an error if your changing that car.

So I was getting a CTD and some error about an invalid model or something, but got it resolved by replacing the modded vehicles.ide file with a clean one from a separate install, but when I went to place a the cop cars that I was using back into the game via sparkIV, they won't show up. I tried adding them in groups, one by one, and pretty much everything else. It kinda irritates me because I really wanna play! Lol. But any and all help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I believe you are getting a "GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Invalid Resource Detected Please re-install the game" error. 

This means the car you have install is corrupted. I suggest you remove that car from the Vehicle.img and then re-download the car you downloaded. the file you downloaded previously might have been corrupted.

I believe you are getting a "GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Invalid Resource Detected Please re-install the game" error. 

This means the car you have install is corrupted. I suggest you remove that car from the Vehicle.img and then re-download the car you downloaded. the file you downloaded previously might have been corrupted.

I already deleted all of my modded cars. It was a civilian car that was causing it. But when I went to put a police car in, it didn't show up as the car I put in, just the stock one from the game.

also try not having spark iv open when u launch the game

I don't have sparkIV open. I never have either.

whats the exact error, and do you have a car saved in your parking spot, this can cause an error if your changing that car.

it's the Invalid Resource Error, but as I said in the OP, I already solved that, and the only car that is saved in the spot is Roman's taxi. The problem isn't the game crashing, but the game not registering the modded cars that I put into the game.

by not showing up, do you mean that the cars do not change?

by not showing up, do you mean that the cars do not change?

Yes, I will add the cars through sparkIV and click save then rebuild then save again then close it. But when I go into GTA, the car is still the stock police car from rockstar. I know that the cars that were causing the problem weren't police cars because I use the same ones on my laptop and desktop.

I don't rebuild, just save.

I've always rebuilt. lol. i haven't a clue what it means. haha. But any clue how to fix the problem?

EDIT: Ok, now sparkIV just quit working. it just now stopped. I downloaded again, but it just quit out of no where.

Edited by CRAWFORDx96