Sign in to follow this  
BOVRILwares

Modifications By BOVRILwares

Hello everyone on LCPDFR!

As I am now getting the hang of Zmodeler, I thought I would make this thread to share some of my vehicle modification ideas, and get your feedback as to what you would like to see. I know there are many out there that are far more experienced modelers than me, but I enjoy making things and am getting better every day.

Please be aware, this is not a place to make requests, but ideas are welcome. I prefer working with Rockstar's default vehicles and NON ELS cars as this is all my computer can handle.

Here are four vehicle ideas I have had for a while, all in various stages of being made:

bbf1e0fb011e61f190c4b42d759bf7acd933068c

They are all based on real life vehicles, but I am making them with Rockstar vehicles and components. I will focus my time on whichever vehicle is most wanted, and save the other projects for later.

What do you think?

Love what you have going. I'd like to see that tow truck first.

Question for you about the Pinnacle: can you make it so the car badging is removed? Just curious. Thanks again for a great mod there, working on a skin for it currently. I must say very little changes needed, great attention to detail.

I'd say grow in ZModeler first by starting low and expanding. For instance, simply start adding a lightbar. (You already did that!). Second you could learn how to make a template and map in on the car! Then start learning more about UV mapper. Then perhaps creating little things, and so on and so on.

But as a classic lover I'd love to see those old NYPD units!

Love what you have going. I'd like to see that tow truck first.

Question for you about the Pinnacle: can you make it so the car badging is removed? Just curious. Thanks again for a great mod there, working on a skin for it currently. I must say very little changes needed, great attention to detail.

You should easily be able to remove the Pinnacle car badging, its just an image file within the police2.wtd. just delete the file from the .wtd to totally remove all badges, or open and edit with Photoshop (or similar program). Look forward to seeing your skins for the car.

Thanks everyone, guess I will get going on the tow truck first then. I will post any worthwhile progress I make.

You should easily be able to remove the Pinnacle car badging, its just an image file within the police2.wtd. just delete the file from the .wtd to totally remove all badges, or open and edit with Photoshop (or similar program). Look forward to seeing your skins for the car.

Tried this, to no avail. Removed the logo within the textures and it remains on the model. Not a huge deal, its a minor thing that isn't pressing. If you were to map the license plate and update your template I could make multiple liveries as well. I may release the single one I have however. Looking forward to your tow truck!

Tried this, to no avail. Removed the logo within the textures and it remains on the model. Not a huge deal, its a minor thing that isn't pressing. If you were to map the license plate and update your template I could make multiple liveries as well. I may release the single one I have however. Looking forward to your tow truck!

Hmmm something's gone a bit wrong there then. I'll have a look at that soon and update the file with reg plates that are mapped, that will only take a few mins to do. Until then heres what the tow trucks looking like:

Hey, what's that badge on the side of the tow truck, on the brace where the lightbar is? I need to add that.

Hey, what's that badge on the side of the tow truck, on the brace where the lightbar is? I need to add that.

It was included in the skin you downloaded? This was it anyway, just with LCPD written on it and cleaned up a bit:

3419447455_3ba9dbde32.jpg

Thanks! I didn't see a template within the downloaded work, mine was from scratch. I'll add this in, looks good!

Now that I have these two projects very near completion I thought I'd show you them here:

b868ecb2b899a950a95a535ba6bd8fdde6ebb2cd

Towtruck now complete with livery designs By DLer and my LAPD version on the vintage cruiser :D