Sign in to follow this  
briceuk

Models for game

Hello, I was wondering if someone would want to be part of my futurist dream. Basically I want to design a game that will be a police sim. But because I am working and having a family, time is short and therefore I do not have the time nor the energy to model and create the vehicles and human models for the game. I was wondering if any had some models stored somewhere that they would like to share with me? I would need the original model files so that i can review and possible add/change small things. And just so that we are clear, I am not promising that this will hit the stores or anything. I just share the same passion for games as you, and would like a police orientated game.Your name would be in the credits and if the game should be launched I am sure I can work out a bonus for your work. This game idea is not driven by economy but is driven by passion, therefore I can not promise it will be published, just merely a project I want to see where takes me.

Thanks again,

Alexander 

PS: No need to write any negative comments. I explained earlier that this is a project I want to see where takes me, I am not an established Gaming Company :)

Thats great, the more people doing an effort really helps what we all seek. a proper police game, I still hope some will assist me with low/medium poly characters and vehicles as my time is very limited and i would like to get working on the actual game and not to much time on 3d objects. I need some base models, peds, cars. details are not so important as I will customize the models according to the game atmosphere. In order to keep the Intelligent property legal I will ask you not to make the models 100% accurate, feel free to put your own mark on the models.

Hey Forum. 

Just a quick update.

Regarding the Intellectual Property. I kindly ask you who want to share your base models (peds, vehicles) to submit a release statement that I am free to edit and use your base models. Another thing regarding the IP law, I ask you not to make the models 100% accurate to the original models. This will challenge the IP and I want to create a fun, exciting game. Not fighting with solicitors. As I mentioned earlier, If you submit the base models along with a release, then I will review and possibly edit in the models so they fit the game atmosphere. This being said, should the game be published (we see many games under development that will never hit the stores unfortunately, but that is the risk you take when developing) then your name will be granted in the scroll texts as designer, should that be in your interest. As said, I am not a pro gaming developer, nor am I an established gaming firm but I do have the passion. I like teamwork and great ideas and gamers are the best source of ideas, so should one or more of you decide to contribute then I would be most grateful. 

I will be using Cryengine 3 as platform for the game. They have a very realistic damage system integrated which I personally think is a plus. The  more real the better :) The size of the game is still not decided as I want the game to run as smoothly as possibly, and so the memory issue is still at large :) It is concentrated around the PC as this is a project to see if we succeed (Money flows more easy from the banks if you have a product to show them)

Edited by briceuk

Before you ask for other people's models you should make the scripts, the game mechanic and all that shit work, untill you do that you can use placeholders with other vehicles and peds. Besides most of the cars here uploaded are or licensed (Crown Victorias, Impalas...), or property of Rockstar Games. Don't want to sound rude, but if you want someone to give you models, first you have to show a good progress.