Sign in to follow this  
CrazyPanda1234

Texutre Loss With Good Graphics Card

Im having texture losses specifically in Algonquin and I dont know why.

My Specs (the relevant ones)

Intel core i5 3570

2GB GTX 650

And I know its nothing to do with the settings because it happens wether its on all high/medium or low.

Thanks in advance :)

I use the following two commands in a commandline.txt file in my GTAIV/EFLC root folder to stop texture loss:

-availablevidmem 100
-percentvidmem 3.3

I also get bad texture lost and I have a good system, I assume those commands will work in multiplayer too? Since like you I am in a multiplayer clan. 

I use the following two commands in a commandline.txt file in my GTAIV/EFLC root folder to stop texture loss:

-availablevidmem 100
-percentvidmem 3.3

This is going to sound really stupid but how do make a commandline.txt file? :)

EDIT : I figured it out :)

Edited by ScottLCPDYoung

I also get bad texture lost and I have a good system, I assume those commands will work in multiplayer too? Since like you I am in a multiplayer clan. 

They do indeed.  I never play without the commandline file as when I do, I get texture loss which usually ends up in the entire city disappearing.  Note that if you use a steam version you have to add the two lines to the steam shortcut as opposed to using the commandline.txt file in the game's root.

They do indeed.  I never play without the commandline file as when I do, I get texture loss which usually ends up in the entire city disappearing.  Note that if you use a steam version you have to add the two lines to the steam shortcut as opposed to using the commandline.txt file in the game's root.

How do I add it to the shortcut?

So do you just open notepad and type those in and then click save as and save it in GTAIV root with the title commandline.txt? 

So do you just open notepad and type those in and then click save as and save it in GTAIV root with the title commandline.txt? 

Indeed.

How do I add it to the shortcut?

Not sure, I don't use a Steam version sorry.

Edited by Braveheart