Sign in to follow this  
Taz19

computer for gta4

New here, well actually signed up awhile ago but never got the chance to buy the pc I  wanted. Finally going get one just for gta4 and 5, and of course other stiff but primarily for gta. Need your suggestion, and I was wondering if this pc would be capable of playing gta4 with good graphics and run smoothly with the mod ?  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iBuyPower+-+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive/6979905.p?id=1218818468032&skuId=6979905      

I'm not an expert, but I think a 2GB graphics card would be better. I'm also running GTA IV with a 1GB card, but I need to set almost everything on low while using the mods

So if I was to buy this pc with a 2gb video card, will it be more then good enough to play it? Sorry for all this questions but just don't know much about computers and which ones are capable playing gta. Don't want waste money on something that is not worth getting.

I wouldn't suggest building/buying a PC for GTA IV since it's a pretty old game. Look at some newer games and buy based off their requirements and then you know it will work for new games and hence work for GTA IV as well. There is never a waste of money when it comes to PC gaming, newer games mean newer hardware. If you want a computer that's going to last you a while you have to put money into it, this stuff ain't cheap =p

I wouldn't suggest building/buying a PC for GTA IV since it's a pretty old game. Look at some newer games and buy based off their requirements and then you know it will work for new games and hence work for GTA IV as well. There is never a waste of money when it comes to PC gaming, newer games mean newer hardware. If you want a computer that's going to last you a while you have to put money into it, this stuff ain't cheap =p

Yea I understand. What. You mean. But honestly, I only want it for gta. Lcpdfr is something I've been waiting since I started playing games lol I know the game is real old, but adding this mod to it will be whole other level of gaming that I have come to. I leave other games for the Xbox and Ps3 I got.

Yea I understand. What. You mean. But honestly, I only want it for gta. Lcpdfr is something I've been waiting since I started playing games lol I know the game is real old, but adding this mod to it will be whole other level of gaming that I have come to. I leave other games for the Xbox and Ps3 I got.

Is it really worth spending 750 bucks to play LCPDFR though lol

Is it really worth spending 750 bucks to play LCPDFR though lol

To be honest , yes, and I need a new pc that is up to date. So I figured if I'm going get new pc, mind as well get one that is capable of playing gta 4 and 5 when it comes out. I guess when you wait for years for a police game to come out and it hasn't, you be willing to waste this much for a game and mod, especially since I already need to get a new one. So do you suggest that pc but with a 2gb video card?

To be honest , yes, and I need a new pc that is up to date. So I figured if I'm going get new pc, mind as well get one that is capable of playing gta 4 and 5 when it comes out. I guess when you wait for years for a police game to come out and it hasn't, you be willing to waste this much for a game and mod, especially since I already need to get a new one. So do you suggest that pc but with a 2gb video card

It would be good with a 1gb actually but a 2gb of course makes it better, if you don't plan on recording the 500gb hard drive is fine but I have a 1TB because I play tons of games. That PC will allow you to run GTA IV without any problems with ELS, car mods, lcpdfr, and others.

It would be good with a 1gb actually but a 2gb of course makes it better, if you don't plan on recording the 500gb hard drive is fine but I have a 1TB because I play tons of games. That PC will allow you to run GTA IV without any problems with ELS, car mods, lcpdfr, and others.

Ok , thanks for the help. I appreciated it.

Use this thread:

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by G17 Media staff. If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.