Sign in to follow this  
Y0TELEX

Graphics Card

Hello, 

I am wanting to upgrade my Graphics Card for my computer to run GTA 4. I am not tech savvy at all so a basic response would be best. 

Here are my system spec's 

HP Pavillion p6000 Series 
AMD PhentomII 840T Quad Core processor 
6GB in RAM 

My video card however is only a ATI Radeon HD 4200. 
Power Supply is 250 Watts as well. 

GTA runs very poorly on this card and I need to know what would be a good option at upgrading.

You have fairly good processors and RAM.

However, I don't believe you can change graphics cards on laptops, although you should check with HP before you rule out switching cards.

I suggest running GTA on lowest settings for everything as clearly that will increase performance. You should also try and clean your hard drive up if possible, this will free up space and allow faster data writing and storing.

If you need any more help just ask!

Awesome thanks for the response! I actually have a desktop but I just upgraded the video card and it's a ton better!

Awesome thanks for the response! I actually have a desktop but I just upgraded the video card and it's a ton better!

What graphics card did you upgrade to mate?

What graphics card did you upgrade to mate?

GeForce GT 240 512MB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card. It wasnt the one I went out looking for but a store employee recommended it so I took a chance and it worked out fine. My RAM and Processor support it well though so I lucked out.

GeForce GT 240 512MB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card. It wasnt the one I went out looking for but a store employee recommended it so I took a chance and it worked out fine. My RAM and Processor support it well though so I lucked out.

Great thanks, I will check this out. Getting a computer built at the moment and looking for a good cheap graphics card.

The Geoforce GTX 650 2GB card is also good for the price. It's about $120 but honestly that's pretty cheap for a card as good as it is.