Sign in to follow this  
NickieB

Graphics Settings Question

I'm confused about this so maybe those of you who know about graphics cards can help me. I don't have the best computer in the world so I run lower settings. Now I just re-installed IV the other day and it defaulted the settings so I changed them back to where I had them before. Everything except the "Texture Quality" Or "Texture Resolution" whatever it is, its like the second option down, with settings of High, Medium and Low. I left this setting to Medium. Now for the part I'm confused about, when I install certain cars, higher poly cars, they work fine on the Medium setting but if I change that to Low it crashes when trying to spawn them with a RESC10 error(out of virtual memory - please reboot your system . Why would it do this? Why would it crash with the lowest setting and work with a higher setting? When its on medium I'm already using more resources so you would think it should crash but it doesn't. But using the least amount of resources, set to low, it crashes... I never use to have this problem at all until about the middle of summer when it use to work fine set to low. I never had any problems spawning anything. With either setting I'm still not out of resources so I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help me understand this?

That happens to me too for so reason, maybe certain car mods or police car mods requires a certain graphic setting which is weird. It's like in order to play with this police car mod it needs to be set on medium or high in order for it to be spawn. I have found out that the problem is traffic load, it's the way it manages GTA 4 memory when spawning cars into the game. If I spawn a high poly car mod on a medium texture setting the game will crash, when I spawn the same car mod on high textures no game crashes at all. Take out traffic load or traffic flow and you're able to spawn car mods or police car mods on any texture setting without no game crashes, it's just weird.