Jump to content
SGT.Dillehay

adding police cars on duty selection

Recommended Posts

So Im having a problem and i do not know what im doing wrong. I edited the duty_selection.xml. I added the next line and so forth and I added on a SAHP pack and im trying to get it where i can get those vehicles to show up in the garage. if anyone has an any advice or examples id appreciate it Thanks.

 

Spoiler

 </Vehicles>
     <!-- Additional texts for the vehicle models that are displayed on screen when selecting a vehicle. -->
    <VehicleDescriptions>
        <Description name="Police Cruiser" fullName="Vapid Police Cruiser" agencyRef="lspd">police</Description>
        <Description name="Police Buffalo" fullName="Bravado Buffalo" agencyRef="lspd">police2</Description>
        <Description name="Police Interceptor" fullName="Vapid Police Interceptor" agencyRef="lspd">police3</Description>
        <Description name="Police Transporter" fullName="Declasse Police Transporter" agencyRef="lspd">policet</Description>
        <Description name="Police Biker" fullName="WMC Police Bike" agencyRef="sahp">policeb</Description>
        <Description name="Sheriff Cruiser" fullName="Vapid Police Cruiser" agencyRef="lssd">sheriff</Description>
        <Description name="Sheriff SUV" fullName="Declasse Granger" agencyRef="lssd">sheriff2</Description>
        <Description name="Police Roadcruiser" fullName="Albany Roadcruiser" agencyRef="nysp">policeold1</Description>
        <Description name="Police Rancher" fullName="Declasse Rancher" agencyRef="nysp">policeold2</Description>
        <Description name="Unmarked Cruiser" fullName="Vapid Police Cruiser" agencyName="Local &amp; Federal Agencies">police4</Description>
        <Description name="Unmarked Buffalo" fullName="Bravado Buffalo" agencyName="Local &amp; Federal Agencies">fbi</Description>
        <Description name="Unmarked Granger" fullName="Declasse Granger" agencyName="Local &amp; Federal Agencies">fbi2</Description>
        <Description name="Park Ranger" fullName="Declasse Granger" agencyRef="sapr">pranger</Description>
        <Description name="Police Riot" fullName="Brute Police Stockade" agencyRef="noose">riot</Description>
        <Description name="Hydra" fullName="Mammoth Hydra" agencyName="Ultimate Highway Patrol">hydra</Description>
        <Description name="sahp11vic" fullName="sahp11vic" agencyRef="sahp">sahp11vic</Description>
    </VehicleDescriptions>
</Duty>

 

Edited by SGT.Dillehay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SGT.Dillehay said:

So Im having a problem and i do not know what im doing wrong. I edited the duty_selection.xml. I added the next line and so forth and I added on a SAHP pack and im trying to get it where i can get those vehicles to show up in the garage. if anyone has an any advice or examples id appreciate it Thanks.

 

  Hide contents

 </Vehicles>
     <!-- Additional texts for the vehicle models that are displayed on screen when selecting a vehicle. -->
    <VehicleDescriptions>
        <Description name="Police Cruiser" fullName="Vapid Police Cruiser" agencyRef="lspd">police</Description>
        <Description name="Police Buffalo" fullName="Bravado Buffalo" agencyRef="lspd">police2</Description>
        <Description name="Police Interceptor" fullName="Vapid Police Interceptor" agencyRef="lspd">police3</Description>
        <Description name="Police Transporter" fullName="Declasse Police Transporter" agencyRef="lspd">policet</Description>
        <Description name="Police Biker" fullName="WMC Police Bike" agencyRef="sahp">policeb</Description>
        <Description name="Sheriff Cruiser" fullName="Vapid Police Cruiser" agencyRef="lssd">sheriff</Description>
        <Description name="Sheriff SUV" fullName="Declasse Granger" agencyRef="lssd">sheriff2</Description>
        <Description name="Police Roadcruiser" fullName="Albany Roadcruiser" agencyRef="nysp">policeold1</Description>
        <Description name="Police Rancher" fullName="Declasse Rancher" agencyRef="nysp">policeold2</Description>
        <Description name="Unmarked Cruiser" fullName="Vapid Police Cruiser" agencyName="Local &amp; Federal Agencies">police4</Description>
        <Description name="Unmarked Buffalo" fullName="Bravado Buffalo" agencyName="Local &amp; Federal Agencies">fbi</Description>
        <Description name="Unmarked Granger" fullName="Declasse Granger" agencyName="Local &amp; Federal Agencies">fbi2</Description>
        <Description name="Park Ranger" fullName="Declasse Granger" agencyRef="sapr">pranger</Description>
        <Description name="Police Riot" fullName="Brute Police Stockade" agencyRef="noose">riot</Description>
        <Description name="Hydra" fullName="Mammoth Hydra" agencyName="Ultimate Highway Patrol">hydra</Description>
        <Description name="sahp11vic" fullName="sahp11vic" agencyRef="sahp">sahp11vic</Description>
    </VehicleDescriptions>
</Duty>

 

 

Since you didn't say it, I'm assuming the issue is the vehicle not showing up in the garage?  Are the vehicles actually installed in your game?


12-31-19new.jpg.50c2d8e500b7cae577ffddebe18fec42.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 10:21 AM, Reddington said:

 

Since you didn't say it, I'm assuming the issue is the vehicle not showing up in the garage?  Are the vehicles actually installed in your game?

yes the vehicles are installed i can go through my trainer and get them. but they are not showing up in the garage.  They are add on vehicles from an sahp pack with cvpi charger and tahoe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SGT.Dillehay said:

yes the vehicles are installed i can go through my trainer and get them. but they are not showing up in the garage.  They are add on vehicles from an sahp pack with cvpi charger and tahoe.

 

You need to edit the duty selection XML located in lspdfr-->data.  Under where it says "Vehicle descriptions".


12-31-19new.jpg.50c2d8e500b7cae577ffddebe18fec42.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Reddington said:

 

You need to edit the duty selection XML located in lspdfr-->data.  Under where it says "Vehicle descriptions".

Right I did that i added the vehicle just like that in the xml file i posted on this topic and i also edited the xml in the custom folder to see if it would work as well but no luck. Heres is what i have under vehicle descriptions: <Description name="sahp11vic" fullName="sahp11vic" agencyRef="sahp">sahp11vic</Description>. Sahp11vic is the file name in the dlc.rpf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SGT.Dillehay said:

Right I did that i added the vehicle just like that in the xml file i posted on this topic and i also edited the xml in the custom folder to see if it would work as well but no luck. Heres is what i have under vehicle descriptions: <Description name="sahp11vic" fullName="sahp11vic" agencyRef="sahp">sahp11vic</Description>. Sahp11vic is the file name in the dlc.rpf. 

Is <Agency>sahp</Agency> specified under the vehicles section as well in the duty_selection file?

Is there a duty_selection file in the custom folder? If so that's the one you need to be using.


Untitled.png.ffe4c6a9752a6d108af72e72a636539e.pngSAModdinghttps://samodding.com/

Unofficial LSPDFR Support Serverhttps://discord.gg/xsdAXJb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TreadRed said:

Is <Agency>sahp</Agency> specified under the vehicles section as well in the duty_selection file?

Is there a duty_selection file in the custom folder? If so that's the one you need to be using.

yes it is and yes i put it in there to. but the only cars that show up for sahp in my garage is police4 which is the undercover car, the motorcycle, the helicopter and something else i cant remember off hand atm but no crown vic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, SGT.Dillehay said:

yes it is and yes i put it in there to. but the only cars that show up for sahp in my garage is police4 which is the undercover car, the motorcycle, the helicopter and something else i cant remember off hand atm but no crown vic

 

Well the only difference I see is that the name and fullname is the same as the spawn name, maybe it doesn't like that?


Untitled.png.ffe4c6a9752a6d108af72e72a636539e.pngSAModdinghttps://samodding.com/

Unofficial LSPDFR Support Serverhttps://discord.gg/xsdAXJb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TreadRed said:

 

 

Well the only difference I see is that the name and fullname is the same as the spawn name, maybe it doesn't like that?

thats what i was thinking as well so i checked into the vehicle meta files and the game name is SAHP CROWN VICTORIA. The model and txd name is sahp11vic. so i added this line under vehicles in duty selection <Description agencyRef="sahp" fullName="SAHP CROWN VICTORIA" name="sahp11vic">sahp11vic</Description>. But that didnt work so im kinda out of ideas for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok well im going to try this again. If anybody can help me that would be awesome.  i downloaded ripples sahp pack and i used the add on method for them.  Can someone tell me or show me how to get those to show up in the garage. Is there anyway i can remove vehicles from the garage like the military jeep or the corrections bus as well? ive included my custom duty selection xml. i did try and put the crown vic in from that pack but no luck its listed in the file if you look at it. 

duty_selection_eup.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SGT.Dillehay said:

Ok well im going to try this again. If anybody can help me that would be awesome.  i downloaded ripples sahp pack and i used the add on method for them.  Can someone tell me or show me how to get those to show up in the garage. Is there anyway i can remove vehicles from the garage like the military jeep or the corrections bus as well? ive included my custom duty selection xml. i did try and put the crown vic in from that pack but no luck its listed in the file if you look at it. 

duty_selection_eup.xml 3.48 kB · 0 downloads

whats about the agency file? the vehicle also needs to be in the agency file for sahp


Untitled.png.ffe4c6a9752a6d108af72e72a636539e.pngSAModdinghttps://samodding.com/

Unofficial LSPDFR Support Serverhttps://discord.gg/xsdAXJb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...