Bduroscar

New, but fustrated, youtube tutorials are garbage.

Can anyone create or forward me to a detailed video on how to install police cars with 0.4.6 I am brand new and have no knowledge on how to do it. Please do not forward me to any non descriptive videos as they will only add to my frustrations. I have no folders created for mods, or vehicles, nothing so please any video that shows how to do this from A-Z would help. 

Butler D

10 hours ago, Bduroscar said:

Can anyone create or forward me to a detailed video on how to install police cars with 0.4.6 I am brand new and have no knowledge on how to do it. Please do not forward me to any non descriptive videos as they will only add to my frustrations. I have no folders created for mods, or vehicles, nothing so please any video that shows how to do this from A-Z would help. 

Hello,

Could you please link me the vehicles you wish to install? Also, are you replacing or doing an addon pack?

Thanks! 🙂

Come and join my Unofficial Fan LSPDFR Support Discord to get additional help if needed: https://discord.gg/xsdAXJb
Reminder: This is a fan Discord, and is in no way an Official LSPDFR Discord Server, nor is it related to G17 Media or the LSPDFR Team as a whole.

Personally when I first started installing vehicles I enjoyed Kane Jr's videos on how to install vehicles.

If his videos aren't helpful to you I have made a text guide on how to replace vehicle models for you below. 

If this still does not help there is plenty of people on the forums that would love to help so don't be afraid to ask.

Here is a step by step guide on how to install (replace) police car models.

This is for non-els cars!  If you want me to explain that too I would be more than happy too, just let me know.

This may also seem very dumbed down. This is not to be an asshole and belittle you. I just want to make clear you know what to do.

1. In your GTA main directory, this is where you installed lspdfr, make a new folder by right clicking and go down to "New > folder". Name this folder "mods" (with no quotation marks) 
  2. Go back to your main directory and right click on the folder named "update" then click copy 
  3. Go back into your new "mods" folder and right click and paste or ctrl+v
  4. After the update folder has been copied to your mods folder go online and download "OpenIV - the ultimate modding tool"
  5. After downloading you will get something called "ovisetup". Double click on that and read what it says, and agree to the terms of service.
  6. One of the first things OpenIV will ask for is the location of your GTAV folder.  If you have GTAV on Steam the game can be found here: Steam/steamapps/common/Grand Theft Auto V.
  7. Once you have done that click on the little box with a check mark in it in the top left area under favorites called "ASI Manager" and install the three presented items: ASI Manager, OpenIV.ASI, and openCamera.
  8. Now that that is done click into your mods folder.
  9. From your mods folder you want to follow this path: update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday(highest #)/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicles.rpf
  10. Now that you are here I would highly advise making a favorite of this file in the top left. Favorites act as a bookmark and make life easier next time you want to replace vehicles.
  11. The "vehicles.rpf" file that you navigated to is where you will want to drag and drop any vehicle files you download into
  12. If all has been executed correctly launch your game and enjoy! 

If you would like me to clarify anything or explain anything in more detail please just let me know and I'll try to get back to you ask soon as possible. 😄

Just your friendly neighborhood police jet 😄

Need more help? Check out our support Discord for more 1 on 1 help:

Disclaimer - The Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord are in no way affiliated with G17 Media.

Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord 

On 1/18/2020 at 3:59 AM, UnknownBastion said:

Hello,

Could you please link me the vehicles you wish to install? Also, are you replacing or doing an addon pack?

Thanks! 🙂

You guys are awesome! I ended up figuring it out, was just really frustrated 😂

Just now, Bduroscar said:

On 1/18/2020 at 4:19 AM, JrJet said:

Personally when I first started installing vehicles I enjoyed Kane Jr's videos on how to install vehicles.

If his videos aren't helpful to you I have made a text guide on how to replace vehicle models for you below. 

If this still does not help there is plenty of people on the forums that would love to help so don't be afraid to ask.

Here is a step by step guide on how to install (replace) police car models.

This is for non-els cars!  If you want me to explain that too I would be more than happy too, just let me know.

This may also seem very dumbed down. This is not to be an asshole and belittle you. I just want to make clear you know what to do.

1. In your GTA main directory, this is where you installed lspdfr, make a new folder by right clicking and go down to "New > folder". Name this folder "mods" (with no quotation marks) 
  2. Go back to your main directory and right click on the folder named "update" then click copy 
  3. Go back into your new "mods" folder and right click and paste or ctrl+v
  4. After the update folder has been copied to your mods folder go online and download "OpenIV - the ultimate modding tool"
  5. After downloading you will get something called "ovisetup". Double click on that and read what it says, and agree to the terms of service.
  6. One of the first things OpenIV will ask for is the location of your GTAV folder.  If you have GTAV on Steam the game can be found here: Steam/steamapps/common/Grand Theft Auto V.
  7. Once you have done that click on the little box with a check mark in it in the top left area under favorites called "ASI Manager" and install the three presented items: ASI Manager, OpenIV.ASI, and openCamera.
  8. Now that that is done click into your mods folder.
  9. From your mods folder you want to follow this path: update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday(highest #)/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicles.rpf
  10. Now that you are here I would highly advise making a favorite of this file in the top left. Favorites act as a bookmark and make life easier next time you want to replace vehicles.
  11. The "vehicles.rpf" file that you navigated to is where you will want to drag and drop any vehicle files you download into
  12. If all has been executed correctly launch your game and enjoy! 

If you would like me to clarify anything or explain anything in more detail please just let me know and I'll try to get back to you ask soon as possible. 😄

Thanks! Got it all figured out 😉 quick question.. does changing the vehicle name hinder it in any way ? Also What are the vehicle meta files for ?

Butler D

1 hour ago, Bduroscar said:

Thanks! Got it all figured out 😉 quick question.. does changing the vehicle name hinder it in any way ? Also What are the vehicle meta files for ?

So to answer your first question it depends. If you want to make sheriff2 be fbi2 then renaming it will be fine but it you make it a name of a car that doesn't exist in GTA normally it won't work. And to answer your second question the vehicles.meta affects how vehicles handle and I think LOD's and stuff.
Glad you could figure it out 😄 if you ever need more 1 on 1 help feel free to join our discord 👇

Just your friendly neighborhood police jet 😄

Need more help? Check out our support Discord for more 1 on 1 help:

Disclaimer - The Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord are in no way affiliated with G17 Media.

Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord