Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

LCPDFR.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

raebbitos

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raebbitos

  1. bump. I finally managed to calibrate POLICE2 to match the gear ratio of its counterpart while maintaining their distinct identities: P71 (POLICE) slow launch but fast climb to top speed AND acceleration 9C1(POLICE2) faster launch but slower climb to top speed. I cannot risk tweaking these values further as if I raise the P71's drag or otherwise slow it down in any way to match the 38m/s timing then the top speed will likely suffer... I will try anyway lol
  2. I have managed to emulate the Ford Crown Victoria P71's gear ratio and the 9C1's performance in GTA IV's handling.dat file. FBI 1950.0 6.16 85 0.0 0.136 -0.24 0.0 5 0.306 0.36 263.0 0.222 0.65 0.6 35.0 1.44 1.44 12.5 0.15 0.4825 4.5 1.4 1.4 0.09 -0.11 0.0 0.5 1.44 0.096 1.36 0.96 0.0 25000 00440010 00000001 0 POLICE 1850.0 12.63 85 0.0 0.22 -0.36 0.0 4 0.306 0.13 266.0 0.207 0.65 0.6 35.0 1.44 1.36 11.2 0.15 0.4750 3.5 1.1 1.1 0.10 -0.10 0.03 0.50 1.36 0.096 1.11 0.96 0.0 25000 00440010 00000000 0 POLICE2 1700.0 8.08 85 0.0 0.36 -0.44 1.0 4 0.196 0.96 263.0 0.225 0.68 0.6 35.0 1.44 1.22 11.2 0.15 0.4820 4.3 1.3 1.3 0.10 -0.11 0.025 0.53 1.44 0.096 1.44 0.96 0.0 25000 00440010 00000000 0 I hit every timing ,except it's 1 (or2) second faster at the 38m/s timing(15 seconds rather than 16). Other than that everything is accurate, the hesitation at launch from a dead stop, the progressive powerful pull towards 2nd gear, the staying power of the 3rd gear, the slow climb towards top speed. Most importantly, 4th gear is there but the car isn't able to build up enough speed to shift into it, stuck in a slow climb towards +200kmh that it cannot reach on the short and winding turns of Liberty City's infrastructure. Then, I have managed to balance POLICE2, the Chevrolet Impala 2005 9C1, around the P71. FWD, obviously, sligthly faster acceleration off the line from a dead stop, slower top speed and just like the P71 it makes use of its 3rd gear to reach its top speed as this V6 needs RPM to compensate for the P71's raw torque and power. Lastly, the FIB Buffalo, it took the least of time out of all the 3. it hits 18m/s@3.6 seconds in 1st gear, shifts into 2nd, 27m/s at @ 6-7 seconds,shifts into 3rd,then at EXACTLY 44m/s@ it shifts into 4th and from alderney highway to the edge of algonquin east, it manages to hit almost 60m/s at @ 35s of wide-open throttle, NEVER SHIFTING INTO 5TH. I AM VERY PROUD OF MYSELF TODAY. Please, enjoy the power slides in 2nd gear with the Crown Vic and the aggressive turns in the nimble FWD Impala 2005 9C1. If anyone can make use of my findings to replicate the FIB Buffalo's behavior in-game to be more true to life to emulate the Dodge Pursuit 2006 , and subsequently all of GTA IV's vehicles, It would be much appreciated because I don't have anymore time to continue work on this project right now as I will be actually playing the game now lol (I am doing a MostWanted% Speedrun with Liberty Tweaks and Revamped Combat from catsmackaroo) at most I may change the centre of mass values further by asking google what these cars's center of mass is when derived from their geometrical centers's in a x y z axis lol. I would like to thank KillaTomate85, the OG and Shturmovik2. the configuration's above are changes I made from Shturmovik2's mod, at first I only changed the traction and center of mass values with the ones from KillaTomate85's mod and then I configured the Drag, Drive Force, Drive Ratio and Transmission Velocity value's as I saw fit to replicate the P71's gear ratio. Basically, to achieve the desired gear ratio, I raised the Drag by A LOT, the Drive force raised by 10%, the Drive ratio was divided by 10 basically, and the Transmission Velocity was raised by like 25%, with the Traction values from KillaTomate85's mod, now the P71 has the desired gear ratio by turning it into a fast truck basically lol. By consequence of the Drive Ratio being lowered so much, the Crown Vic actually sounds like it has a V8 kinda. Here is a recording of both cars in use with Zolika Trainer's speedometer enabled. At minute 4:49 I take the Crown Vic on the Broker Highway towards the Airport and you can observe best the P71's emulated behavior and the by consequence, the "humming" that the "V8" makes. I hope my findings will be useful to someone, maybe you van perfect the configurations. I am having a lot of fun driving these cars now while trying to complete the MostWanted% Speedrun... also now the AI has a much harder time handling these cars... edit: Ok, I have finally passed a point of no return, I can no longer tweak these cars. I raised the P71's transmission velocity from 263 to 269, matched the 9C1's gear ratio to the P71's and because of making it stay more in the higher torque gears, the inherent understeer of FWD cars is a lot more prominent ,now. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I have configured the centre of gravity for both so the y axis is more towards the frond of the car AND optimized the vertical axis to avoid flipping too often while also being somewhat realistic and also making oversteer more prominent for the P71, and making the 9C1's inherent understeer more manageable. Maybe I will try to configure the FIB Buffalo but shturvonik's config is pretty true to life idk UPDATE: after perfecting the buffalo FBI 1950.0 6.16 85 0.0 0.136 -0.31 0.0 5 0.306 0.36 269.0 0.222 0.65 0.6 35.0 1.44 1.44 12.5 0.15 0.4825 4.5 1.4 1.4 0.09 -0.11 0.0 0.5 1.44 0.096 1.36 0.96 0.0 25000 00440010 00000001 0 I realised I can use the same formula for POLICE and now the configurations are this POLICE 1850.0 12.63 85 0.0 0.22 -0.36 0.0 4 0.306 0.13 266.0 0.207 0.65 0.6 35.0 1.44 1.36 11.2 0.15 0.4750 3.5 1.1 1.1 0.10 -0.10 0.03 0.50 1.36 0.096 1.11 0.96 0.0 25000 00440010 00000000 0 raised drive inertia from 0.096 to 0.13, more drive force than drive velocity, basically the same as the buffalo, makes the car hit the early timings easier and launch less like a TRUCK CARRYING ANOTHER TRUCK ON ITS BACK and delays the later timing's like 38m/s-41m/s at@ 16.4 seconds under wide open throttle from dead stop. Now it hits 47 m/s AT MOST in 40-45 seconds Now 2 of the 3 cars are PERFECTLY CONFIGURED I will test POLICE2 again and will conclude my project DEFINITIVELY

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.