Jump to content

From the album:

lspd

  • 353 images
  • 0 comments
  • 87 image comments


Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, Kallus Rourke said:

It's such a sexy car.  I just wish someone would've made a new LSPD based texture for it.

I just use beren's and overlap the logo with his and the bumper stickers

Share this comment


Link to comment

I don't get the hate surrounding this car IRL. Nothing's ever going to supplant the Crown Victoria, but this is the best thing we've got, I think.

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Hullian111 said:

I don't get the hate surrounding this car IRL.

Nothing's ever going to supplant the Crown Victoria, but this is the best thing we've got, I think.

Look at it from this viewpoint. Chrysler stops offering V8 muscle/high-performance engines, and unique styling in their lineup of classic model names. (Charger, Challenger, ect) They replace them with economic hybrid engines and styling that reflects of something like a Chevy Cruize.

 

Now what have you got?

Edited by Lundy

Share this comment


Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Lundy said:

Look at it from this viewpoint. Chrysler stops offering V8 muscle/high-performance engines, and unique styling in their lineup of classic model names. (Charger, Challenger, ect) They replace them with economic hybrid engines and styling that reflects of something like a Chevy Cruize.

 

Now what have you got?

I know there's a oil-supporting baboon in charge, but think about it - oil isn't going to last forever in America. All the other countries are getting into low-emissions and saving the environment now, and putting diesel/petrol in police cars is going to start getting expensive.

 

And as far as I'm concerned, the Cruze looks pretty alright. Why give me that allegory if you know we only got the Cruze?

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Hullian111 said:

I know there's a oil-supporting baboon in charge, but think about it - oil isn't going to last forever in America. All the other countries are getting into low-emissions and saving the environment now, and putting diesel/petrol in police cars is going to start getting expensive.

 

And as far as I'm concerned, the Cruze looks pretty alright. Why give me that allegory if you know we only got the Cruze?

At this time, no. We're still depending on our oils. The time will come, maybe in an alternative than electricity. Maybe a new synthetic. That time is definitely NOT now.

 

Exactly. It looks alright. It's rental car. Same with the police Focus. Jack of all trades, master of none. Police cars used to be something. All the bells and whistles that say, police car. Now you have the Focus trying to make its way into the market and people just aren't having it. It's the idea that we need, but not what anybody wants.

Share this comment


Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Lundy said:

At this time, no. We're still depending on our oils. The time will come, maybe in an alternative than electricity. Maybe a new synthetic. That time is definitely NOT now.

 

Exactly. It looks alright. It's rental car. Same with the police Focus. Jack of all trades, master of none. Police cars used to be something. All the bells and whistles that say, police car. Now you have the Focus trying to make its way into the market and people just aren't having it. It's the idea that we need, but not what anybody wants.

I mean we have plenty of attractive, workhorse-level hybrid police vehicles. The 2013 fusions for example are very nice, and dependable seeing as they are some of the oldest vehicles in the NYPD fleet but are still actively used and in service. Idea we need, have, and want. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, t0y said:

I mean we have plenty of attractive, workhorse-level hybrid police vehicles. The 2013 fusions for example are very nice, and dependable seeing as they are some of the oldest vehicles in the NYPD fleet but are still actively used and in service. Idea we need, have, and want. 

You're talking about the largest police force in the United States with possibly the most diverse fleet in the country. If it's the idea we need, have, and want. Then why are other agencies and public services big and small still holding out?

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Lundy said:

You're talking about the largest police force in the United States with possibly the most diverse fleet in the country. If it's the idea we need, have, and want. Then why are other agencies and public services big and small still holding out?

Because the NYPD has a $2.5b budget and can afford the constant switching out of vehicles, they've already decommissioned plenty of cars that other departments still use every day like CVPIs. We have the concept, and the way to get it done, they look nice, and are dependable but departments that still run the CVPIs or older cars probably just cant afford the upgrade. Also the fact that they arent PPVs, the NYPD has plenty of non-PPV cars, but, and correct me if im wrong most departments dont seek out non-PPV cars, nor do upfitters normally even offer that, as it is harder to set up and run especially in places that arent almost strictly a city.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, t0y said:

We have the concept, and the way to get it done, they look nice, and are dependable but departments that still run the CVPIs or older cars probably just cant afford the upgrade. Also the fact that they arent PPVs, the NYPD has plenty of non-PPV cars, but, and correct me if im wrong most departments dont seek out non-PPV cars, nor do upfitters normally even offer that, as it is harder to set up and run especially in places that arent almost strictly a city.

Exactly. I've asked the question to over a dozen active and retired cops. I haven't had a single complete positive answer about recent fleet markets. Things such as technology being a plus, but the rest has been either neutral or negative in terms of performance, cost, styling, and foundation. I ask about previous fleet cars, they say they preferred the previous pool compared to the new. Time change, but nobody has a definite hold yet. That's why you hear so much negative about these hybrid or eco cars. A great example of, "It looked better on paper".

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 hours ago, Hullian111 said:

I don't get the hate surrounding this car IRL. Nothing's ever going to supplant the Crown Victoria, but this is the best thing we've got, I think.

 

It's pretty easy to hate on new things that replace the old.  It's what we commonly see on these forums even, people don't want to conform to change so they relentlessly hate on the new and point out every single little flaw they can find.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kallus said:

It's pretty easy to hate on new things that replace the old.  It's what we commonly see on these forums even, people don't want to conform to change so they relentlessly hate on the new and point out every single little flaw they can find.

Welcome to Human Nature.

Population: The Entire Human Race

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 1/13/2018 at 12:13 PM, t0y said:

Because the NYPD has a $2.5b budget and can afford the constant switching out of vehicles, they've already decommissioned plenty of cars that other departments still use every day like CVPIs. We have the concept, and the way to get it done, they look nice, and are dependable but departments that still run the CVPIs or older cars probably just cant afford the upgrade. Also the fact that they arent PPVs, the NYPD has plenty of non-PPV cars, but, and correct me if im wrong most departments dont seek out non-PPV cars, nor do upfitters normally even offer that, as it is harder to set up and run especially in places that arent almost strictly a city.

Wait, when did the decommission them all?  When I went to NYC in 2015 and I still saw a few CVPI. Are any of the cabs still using them?

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×