*You pick up the morning paper and look at the front page*
*You notice a big picture of the Burger Shot restaurant in Alderney along with Liberty County Fire rescue*
*You start reading the article*
On Wednesday, February 27th, at 12:30 a.m., Liberty County Fire Rescue units were dispatched to a reported commercial structure fire at the Burger Shot restaurant located in the 1200 block of Star Junction in Algonquin.
First-arriving units located and extinguished a working fire in the exhaust ducts for the cooking appliances.
The damage estimate is at $17,000.00 and 2 Injuries were reported. One person was rushed to South Algonquin Medical center for smoke inhalation and a second Employee was severely burned and flown to Alderney Medical Center and is listed in critical condition.
Fire investigators from the Liberty Countyâ€™s Fire Marshalâ€™s Office classified the cause of this fire as accidental. Excessive grease accumulation in the exhaust ducts was a contributing factor.
More Information will be released when available.
*You close the paper*