Sign in to follow this  
O0hmeng69

Gaming computer specs

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:54 AM, Jesyx said:

Depends on the specs

Not released yet

i will be going for an affordable gaming laptop, and I want it just so that I can play gtav with these mods. can you tell me which specs?

3 hours ago, O0hmeng69 said:

i will be going for an affordable gaming laptop, and I want it just so that I can play gtav with these mods. can you tell me which specs?

You will literally spend 1.5-2x more money on a laptop to run GTA V with LSPDFR and other add-ons than you would a desktop. Ask me how I know. Granted, I have a desktop too, but it's nice to be able to game on the go.

I'm rocking an Alienware 17 R5 with an i7-8750H and GTX 1070. Even at lower settings I only see 40-50FPS in the city with LSPDFR loaded.

1 hour ago, Will Zoftrak said:

You will literally spend 1.5-2x more money on a laptop to run GTA V with LSPDFR and other add-ons than you would a desktop. Ask me how I know. Granted, I have a desktop too, but it's nice to be able to game on the go.

I'm rocking an Alienware 17 R5 with an i7-8750H and GTX 1070. Even at lower settings I only see 40-50FPS in the city with LSPDFR loaded.

dude now I change my mind. I have a desktop but I got it in 2014, gateway. so you think I should upgrade it?

2 minutes ago, O0hmeng69 said:

dude now I change my mind. I have a desktop but I got it in 2014, gateway. so you think I should upgrade it?

It will probably need upgrading just based on the fact that I don't recall Gateway ever having been a gaming computer company, but maybe you have something special. What are the specs?

A general rule of thumb is that it will take roughly $600 to build a desktop that will play GTA V at 1080p comfortably on low/medium settings. About $1K to have GTA V running smooth at High/Very High and $1,500 to run on Ultra. Now that's just assuming you play regular ole GTA V without mods. Rage Plugin Hook and LSPDFR combine to take away about 20-25FPS off the base game, plus any plugins,  which are generally resource heavy. That's why when you look at all the YouTubers running LSPDFR loaded with cars and plugins, they have top of the line i7/i9 CPUs and GTX 1080 or better GPUs. Those are $2K plus rigs.

If you can sacrifice some settings and deal with 40-50 FPS then you can have a solid GTA V/LSPDFR PC for around $800. For more on GTA V requirements, see this link. But keep in mind those requirements and recommendations don't take into account the LSPDFR world.

6 minutes ago, Will Zoftrak said:

It will probably need upgrading just based on the fact that I don't recall Gateway ever having been a gaming computer company, but maybe you have something special. What are the specs?

A general rule of thumb is that it will take roughly $600 to build a desktop that will play GTA V at 1080p comfortably on low/medium settings. About $1K to have GTA V running smooth at High/Very High and $1,500 to run on Ultra. Now that's just assuming you play regular ole GTA V without mods. Rage Plugin Hook and LSPDFR combine to take away about 20-25FPS off the base game, plus any plugins,  which are generally resource heavy. That's why when you look at all the YouTubers running LSPDFR loaded with cars and plugins, they have top of the line i7/i9 CPUs and GTX 1080 or better GPUs. Those are $2K plus rigs.

If you can sacrifice some settings and deal with 40-50 FPS then you can have a solid GTA V/LSPDFR PC for around $800. For more on GTA V requirements, see this link. But keep in mind those requirements and recommendations don't take into account the LSPDFR world.

I actually have played gtav with lspdfr on my gateway. a nice dude from discord actually helped me by connecting via online. I lost contact with him and now my lspdfr isn't running well.

4 minutes ago, O0hmeng69 said:

I actually have played gtav with lspdfr on my gateway. a nice dude from discord actually helped me by connecting via online. I lost contact with him and now my lspdfr isn't running well.

Make a post in LSPDFR Support and I'll be glad to try and help you out.

ok once I get home I will get on and do it

3 minutes ago, Will Zoftrak said:

Make a post in LSPDFR Support and I'll be glad to try and help you out.

ok, once I get home, thank you