grizzbear

GTA V Crashing on startup (How do I reinstall the mods folder)

Posted (edited)

Hello, so I've been having problems loading into GTA V for the past couple weeks. About halfway through loading, the game crashes and gives me the "quit unexpectedly" error; I hope someone can help me. So to begin with, when I take out dinput from my GTA V directory, the game loads. When I put dinput back in, but take out my mods folder it loads too. What could this mean? I'm assuming that there's something wrong with my mods folder all of a sudden and it's not dinput messing everything up. If so, how can I go about reinstalling my mods folder? I have tons of mods and I don't know what would be the most efficient way to reinstall my mods folder considering that it is the thing causing the problem. Thank you to anyone with any ideas in advance 🙂 

quit.PNG

Edited by grizzbear

Im having the same problem i re-downloaded gta twice starting from scratch not mods or anything downloaded latest version lspdfr and ragehook and scripthook v. Ill run Ragehook in Admin setting and that pops up someone please help!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jamesshadow said:

Im having the same problem i re-downloaded gta twice starting from scratch not mods or anything downloaded latest version lspdfr and ragehook and scripthook v. Ill run Ragehook in Admin setting and that pops up someone please help!

Yep 😞 I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. Doesn't seem to be affecting too many people but I'm glad we're not alone. Does yours work when you take out dinput and/or the mods folder from your directory?

Edited by grizzbear