Jump to content
Straypuft

Handlingid seems messed up after update

Recommended Posts

Before the update, everything worked fine, But then something changed as I replace update.rpf and edited in carvariations, carcols and stuff like that., Now I cant seem to change handlingid in the vehicles meta which I assume is still located at: mods/update/update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Straypuft said:

Before the update, everything worked fine, But then something changed as I replace update.rpf and edited in carvariations, carcols and stuff like that., Now I cant seem to change handlingid in the vehicles meta which I assume is still located at: mods/update/update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5

 

Hi there,

 

I don't update my game, so I cannot confirm if anything has changed in terms of the path, but my best guess is that it's still the same.  Can you define 'can't change'?  What are you changing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Giordano said:

 

Hi there,

 

I don't update my game, so I cannot confirm if anything has changed in terms of the path, but my best guess is that it's still the same.  Can you define 'can't change'?  What are you changing?

Trying to change handlingid for one car in vehicles meta, I wanted police2 and police3 to have the same handling since they are both FPIU's, Police3 ran fine but police2 loves rolling over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Straypuft said:

Trying to change handlingid for one car in vehicles meta, I wanted police2 and police3 to have the same handling since they are both FPIU's, Police3 ran fine but police2 loves rolling over.

 

It could be that you're choosing a handlingid that doesn't work for the vehicle.  First, can you verify that all the handlingids you tried changing are actually changed in game?

 

If all are changed to what you want, go ahead and check out this topic.  It might help. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that link, I was looking for something like that.

 

But now when I edit the vehicles.meta in the above location, game crashes during startup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Straypuft said:

Thanks for that link, I was looking for something like that.

 

But now when I edit the vehicles.meta in the above location, game crashes during startup.

 

The location I listed in that topic has always worked (and still does - for me anyway).  For the vehicles.meta, where were you putting it instead of my listed location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giordano said:

 

The location I listed in that topic has always worked (and still does - for me anyway).  For the vehicles.meta, where were you putting it instead of my listed location?

I cannot find any location in that topic for your vehicles.meta, I see you edited your post in that topic, perhaps you accidentally edited it out?

This is the one I thought I should be using: mods/update/update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Straypuft said:

I cannot find any location in that topic for your vehicles.meta, I see you edited your post in that topic, perhaps you accidentally edited it out?

This is the one I thought I should be using: mods/update/update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5 

 

I purposely didn't add a location, as I assumed if people were editing the handlingid, they already knew where to go.

 

The path your listed is correct.  If the game is crashing, it might be the meta itself.  Try reverting to the vanilla/original meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears as there is a new vehicles meta in this last update. Try going to mods/update/update.rpf/dlcpatch/spupgrade/common/data 

 

There you will see carcols and carvariations. 

 

After data, go to levels/gta5 and you will see a new vehicles meta file.

 

I haven't tested it but just noticed it there. I don't see any police vehicles in this file though.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, Thought i had an unedited vehicles.meta that I was using as my template, went in and copied in a brand new vehicles.meta from the non-mod folder update.rpf, all seems fine now with it edited and all cars perform like they should, thanks @Giordano for putting up with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Straypuft said:

Ok, Thought i had an unedited vehicles.meta that I was using as my template, went in and copied in a brand new vehicles.meta from the non-mod folder update.rpf, all seems fine now with it edited and all cars perform like they should, thanks @Giordano for putting up with me!

 

I expect to be paid for putting up with you! 

 

You're most welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×