austinpd12

Everything keeps crashing!

Hello LSPDFR community! I am pretty new to the community here, as well as the PC gaming world. I've always wanted to find something to play like this and its absolutely perfect! I have installed LSPDFR many times on my system as well as a handful of plugins and add-ons like police vehicle packs, police trafficker, different call outs and all of the typical things you need to add to make your game a pretty realistic experience. I've installed and uninstalled my legal copy of GTA V as well as all of my plugins and add-ons numerous times! At least four times.  Yes, it is very frustrating. So to get to the point of my problem, every time i have all of the files installed and in all the right places, as far as i know, i load up my game with RAGE and spawn the vehicle i added. Once the vehicle has spawned i start driving around. I always run MSI afterburner before i boot up GTA V with RAGE to monitor all my temps. Well here is the weird thing, every time i start driving around in the vehicle i added to my mods folder it'll take about 2-5 minutes for my GPU to climb to about 78-82 Celsius and as soon as it hits those temps my game crashes. Every time. And i find it weird that when i dont boot up RAGE and just run GTA V it does the same thing! I have uninstalled everything many times because of this problem and each and every time i get to the end of everything being installed it does this same thing! And another thing i find weird is that whenever i try to play other games like rocket league or black ops 4, those games act very weird. They will either freeze up or crash about 5-10 minutes or even quicker than that. When all of mods and plugins are uninstalled off of my system those other games i play run perfectly fine. I am very confused and frustrated about these issues i have been having with LSPDFR because i absolutely love  LSPDFR and i haven't even gotten to play it for more than 20 minutes at a time, so i'm sure ill love it even more when everything runs smooth, but i don't know what is going on... Someone please help.. I just got this gaming PC a few weeks ago too and i know i have a capable PC to run everything. Ill give anyone whatever specs and information they need so we can try to resolve these issues. Thank you.

Edited by austinpd12

If you're having issues with other games as well, could be something wrong with your GPU. Since you just got the PC you should be covered by a 12 month warranty. I would take it to a computer store, and if it is the GPU they should be able to tell you whats the issue is with it. 

Also anytime you list computer issues, it is good to post your specs so we know what hardware you have.

Edited by 0taku

2 minutes ago, 0taku said:

If your having issues with other games as well, could be something wrong with your GPU. Since you just got the PC you should be covered by a 12 month warranty. I would take it to a computer store, and if it is the GPU they should be able to tell you whats the issue is with it. 

Well, whenever the problems happen i uninstall everything, as well as my GTA V copy and then once it is all uninstalled my other games run perfectly fine, no issues at all.  It is almost like the mods and plugins i install infect everything else and makes it all run horrible. Once they are gone, runs like new. Weird.

Edited by austinpd12

2 minutes ago, austinpd12 said:

Well, whenever the problems happen i uninstall everything, as well as my GTA V copy and then once it is all uninstalled my other games run perfectly fine, no issues at all.  It is almost like the mods and plugins i install infect everything else and makes it all run horrible. Once they are gone, runs like new. Weird.

Dose a clean copy of GTA V work, or dose it also bug out?

5 minutes ago, 0taku said:

Dose a clean copy of GTA V work, or dose it also bug out?

I ran it without booting up RAGE and all mods still being installed, it bugs out. I haven't actually ran the GTA V copy yet without any mods being installed.

Also, my PC specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-9600K 3.70GHZ 9MB Intel Smart Cache

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) RGB Lightning DDR4/3200MHz Memory Module (ADATA Spectrix D80 RGB Hybrid Liquid Heatsink Cooling)

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390M ITX/ac 

VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X

POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - GIGABYTE G750H 80 Plus Gold Semi-Modular w/ Double Ball Bearing Fan Power 

FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate

HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo

And i install it on my secondary drive. 2TB. If that makes a difference in anything besides load times with the primary being an SSD.

Edited by austinpd12

Hmm, Then I'm not sure what could be wrong. If your other games work without GTA V installed then it shouldn't be a GPU. 

4 minutes ago, 0taku said:

Hmm, Then I'm not sure what could be wrong. If your other games work without GTA V installed then it shouldn't be a GPU. 

Welcome to my world of frustration.. lol. Maybe i'm installing something incorrectly? Which im unsure of what it might be because i've pretty much got it all down on where things need to go with this being my 5th time doing it. I'm not sure... I'm almost to the point where i have to accept the fact that i will not be able to play LSPDFR.. 

I have even ran Albo's troubleshooter numerous times to make sure everything is in the right place and all required file are installed. Even went down the lines of running a troublshooter through my PC to see if there were any corrupt files on my PC causing problems, and nothing..

Edited by austinpd12