Vodka redbull

Total newb question regarding police mad child.

Hi,

Sorry for the total newb questions about GTA 5 mods. Take it easy on me and thanks in advance!!

Ok I have a 9 year old who loves police (UK) and has been desperately trying to find a game (PS4 primarily) that allows him to act as a police officer in an open world game. It soon became clear that nothing seems to exist but then he found YouTube videos of the LCPDFR mods and wants to get this setup. I have a computer I am looking at upgrading for basic gaming if I can find enough info about GTA 5 modding here first.

My initial questions are:

1. I don't own GTA 5 yet and I realise GTA 5 is an 18 rated game and trying to be a responsible parent I don't want to expose him to the violence etc of GTA 5 original. Can anything on here turn off violence, drugs, sex related content?

I found this (https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/family-friendly-free-roaming) but I don't know if it is required or can work with LCPDFR mods?

2. Will installing mods block access to online modes or get us blocked?

As I said apologies if this is something that has been answered before on this forum but after searching for family friendly etc I can't find a match.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Vodka redbull said:

Hi,

Sorry for the total newb questions about GTA 5 mods. Take it easy on me and thanks in advance!!

Ok I have a 9 year old who loves police (UK) and has been desperately trying to find a game (PS4 primarily) that allows him to act as a police officer in an open world game. It soon became clear that nothing seems to exist but then he found YouTube videos of the LCPDFR mods and wants to get this setup. I have a computer I am looking at upgrading for basic gaming if I can find enough info about GTA 5 modding here first.

1. I don't own GTA 5 yet and I realise GTA 5 is an 18 rated game and trying to be a responsible parent I don't want to expose him to the violence etc of GTA 5 original. Can anything on here turn off violence, drugs, sex related content?

I found this (https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/family-friendly-free-roaming) but I don't know if it is required or can work with LCPDFR mods?

As I said apologies if this is something that has been answered before on this forum but after searching for family friendly etc I can't find a match.

Thanks

1.  It's GTA. Grand Theft Auto. Look at the history of GTA games. All violence,gore, sexual. You can get that script you mentioned but it will only do so much.
  2. Keep your modded gta separate from your online play. Basically Have 2 folders. 1 with mods and 1 for online play.

ScripthookV is a requirement for almost any .asi plugins/mods you install and it automatically close the game if you try to go online. It's a fail safe system just in case.

I suggest you let your 9 year old play Roblox. I'm not too familiar with that but I know they have a ton of mods including police gameplay but not as good as LSPDFR obviously and you won't need to get such a high end pc also.

Edited by Pavy

First, I believe you are referencing LSPDFR, standing for Los Santos Police Department First Response, instead of LCPDFR meaning Libery City instead of Los Santos. LCPDFR is for GTA IV while GTA V uses LSPDFR.

Second, most of the content LSPDFR offers is about preventing drugs, violence, etc. So there wouldn't be a way to "turn off" the violence, but if you're OK with exposing him to the criminal world in a positive light, i.e stopping crime instead of committing it, then I'd say LSPDFR is for you!

Third, most mods are compatible with each other. 

Fourth, YES, installing mods WILL block access to online modes and YOU WILL BE BANNED if you use modifications in online play. HOWEVER, if you make a copy of the game directory, you can switch back and forth as you please. Below I have included a tutorial by one of my favorite LSPDFR YouTubers that explains exactly how to install LSPDFR. If you like, contact me on discord if you need any further help.

Happy playing!

-Juice1800

Discord: Juice#0451

11 hours ago, Vodka redbull said:

Hi,

Thanks

I'm going to kind of echo what has been said, but quite honestly, GTA is not the game to be letting your 9 year old play.  Even if you install all these mods that prevent sexual content and try to censor the game, it is still GTA. If your son wanted, he could become the bad cop who abuses his powers.  There's definitely no mod to prevent that.

My advice is to find a more child friendly game like Enforcer.  It's a police game with the bare basics.  It's certainly not the best game out there, but for a 9 year old, it works.

Hi all,

Sorry for the very late reply but I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to assist.

I think it's fair to say you all have confirmed the mods cannot change what is a violent, mature core game. I will look into Roblox and Enforcer as an alternative. 

Thanks again