kahlandir

Kahlandir's In Depth Tutorial in Creating Textures!

Have you ever looked at the vehicle texture download section and thought, "man.... I wish I could just make my own!"?

This tutorial starts from the very beginning. I started out with the department and the idea of changing from a Police department to a Sheriff's Office. I also knew I wanted a 2014 Charger & 2013 Tahoe.

This video works all the way from start to finish on the 2013 Charger where the vehicle and skin is installed, and the OpenIV 3D image of the vehicle is used to test the results. This comes after the R* update so I was unable to test in game (always test before releasing!!!!!)

Hope you guys enjoy - and be sure to bring a snack, drink and hit that 1080p quality as this tutorial is over an hour long. 🙂

thanks!! 

P.S. i apologize for the casual approach as I have not done a lot of Instructional type videos. 

Great tutorial, man! 

Having the door templates would be a pretty sweet idea, I think. 

On 10/27/2018 at 2:04 PM, 7K20 said:

Great tutorial, man! 

Having the door templates would be a pretty sweet idea, I think. 

Thank you so much for the reply and feedback! 🙂 I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wouldn't classify this one as a beginner one by any means, but I was going to work on it, and thought others might enjoy following along from having a base idea to a derivable vehicle. 🙂 I may do another one focused on beginners in the texture world.

6 hours ago, kahlandir said:

Thank you so much for the reply and feedback! 🙂 I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wouldn't classify this one as a beginner one by any means, but I was going to work on it, and thought others might enjoy following along from having a base idea to a derivable vehicle. 🙂 I may do another one focused on beginners in the texture world.

Absolutely.

I don't think it'd be a bad idea. I've noticed more and more people making textures, myself included. A template with the doors might help out a lot of people (myself included, I hate doing doors) and increase the quality of skins. 

Keep it up, mate!