Inkyatari

Lots of n00b questions

OK, n00b to LSPDFR here.  I got interested in it after seeing my son watching the videos by Jeff Favignano, and I was hooked. I properly installed the LSPDFR plug in, got confused by the fact that I had to had to play the first two missions through, but after that, I was in.

Of course now I have more questions than not.  First thing, how do I turn off the phone calls I'm getting in story mode?  I don't wish to continue the main story.  I want to get out and patrol!

Secondly, how do I get a character other than what's default in the game?

Third, I saw the park ranger mods..  How can I get a NPS SUV?

I have searched through the forums, but it gets a bit overwhelming

step 1 . you have to do the first story misson to get to a safe house.

step 2 . you install mods/plug ins/vehicles as you wish with the downloads link up top of this page.  https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/

step 3. watch benzo for tutorials on how to install and stuff. [ great guy for tutorials ] 

step 4. right now GTA 5 had a update so not everyone can play LSPDFR until the new script hook V get updated by a developer. http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Edited by Mikeh370

2 minutes ago, Inkyatari said:

Gotcha.  I'll take a look.  Thanks!

Sure thing, hope it all works out for you!

5 hours ago, Inkyatari said:

Secondly, how do I get a character other than what's default in the game?

You mean the LEO character?  One way and I think the most common is to download/install EUP and it's menu.  It has a character maker I guess you can call it.   I played GTA missions about to the 60% complete when I installed LSPDFR so Mike and Trevor characters were unlocked.  I have it saved to the Mike just before I go on duty then you go into EUP and change into your LEO character.  FYI if you have played through Trevor and save as Trevor before going on Duty in LSPDFR then every time you drive by a Lost Biker gang member they will shoot at you because the game sees you as Trevor and Trevor and the Lost are enemies.  If you want the lost to shoot at you all of a sudden while you're on duty then ok.  I have my last charater saved as Michael since he doesn't have any natural enemies that would attack him all of a sudden.  

5 hours ago, Inkyatari said:

First thing, how do I turn off the phone calls I'm getting in story mode?  I don't wish to continue the main story.  I want to get out and patrol!

You mean the calls from Simeon?  You have to play a few more Simeon missions to get past that.  About 3-4 more missions then it will unlock Micheal and he doesn't get phone calls at that point.

Also here is a link to a NPS textures and vehicles.  If you want a NPS SUV then you might have to download the LAPD Ford Utility vehicle and then download this file to change the skin to a NPS.  

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/10154-4k-2016-us-park-ranger-texture-pack/