mikehuber

blue lighting/els problems

here's my problems so far. 1 i am having trouble getting the sherrif  suv or sheriff 2 slot to use all blue els lighting. i have installed the vehicles and texture files correctly and even the els vcfs correctly. my problem is not matter what i do i can not get the  all blue lighting to work. Ive tried it with at least two different authors vehicles. the vehicles are either the fpiu or the tahoe.  the lightbar and the interior and exterior lights remain red and blue instead of all  blue. i  have tried using all blue texture files and matching vcf els files but no go. the other is i am having issues with the sheriff cruiser being limited in its light bar variants for blue lighting setups. there needs to be more variety in the cvpi lightbars which could be used for blue lighting els. i can only do certain ones so far. not much in terms of whelen or federal signal blue setups and the valors are not exactly good for els with the light stages.

4 hours ago, mikehuber said:

here's my problems so far. 1 i am having trouble getting the sherrif  suv or sheriff 2 slot to use all blue els lighting. i have installed the vehicles and texture files correctly and even the els vcfs correctly. my problem is not matter what i do i can not get the  all blue lighting to work. Ive tried it with at least two different authors vehicles. the vehicles are either the fpiu or the tahoe.  the lightbar and the interior and exterior lights remain red and blue instead of all  blue. i  have tried using all blue texture files and matching vcf els files but no go. the other is i am having issues with the sheriff cruiser being limited in its light bar variants for blue lighting setups. there needs to be more variety in the cvpi lightbars which could be used for blue lighting els. i can only do certain ones so far. not much in terms of whelen or federal signal blue setups and the valors are not exactly good for els with the light stages.

Question: Are you making a vehicle and trying to get that set up, or just installing one and trying?

If the second option, check out my all blues topic. I include instructions in the description on what you need to do to install the textures.  It sounds to me like either not all the textures are blue, or you're doing something incorrectly.  I am heading to bed, but will get back with you tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

actually i am installing the vehicle files correctly and am using another blue light mod for the individuals vehicles

All Blue Lighting for different models 2.3.9 By GeneralFord1

this is the mod i am using. the vehicle files are by thegreathah and another author  rangerz

[ELS] San Andreas State Police Pack 1.0.0

my problem is i cant seem to get the sheriff two slot to work with blue lighting period. i have tried toys vehicles they seem to work but not his cvpi as a sheriff. my problem really is twofold. i need a cvpi and a tahoe or fpiu which has working blues for the sheriff and sheriff two slots. i also have your mod downloaded. the problems i am seeing are the lights which should be all blue on the vehicles i use are not. instead they seem to default to red and blue. this messes up the lightbar and the lights on the vehicle. plus i really dont have any caravariations or carcols files to fix that when in install them. this is even though i have a blue light texture file for each vehicle install in the latest patchday. my problem really is that i want to have a matching fpiu/tahoe and cvpi with the same blue lights but the problem remains the blues arent used on those slots for some reason.

Edited by mikehuber

i tried your mod out on the 2015 tahoe in thegreathahs lspd pack and used the enclosed sheriff xml. the problem is the lightbar on top of the tahoe is completely black. the other lights work but the back interior lights are really dim. the cvpi is ok though.

1 minute ago, mikehuber said:

i tried your mod out on the 2015 tahoe in thegreathahs lspd pack and used the enclosed sheriff xml. the problem is the lightbar on top of the tahoe is completely black. the other lights work but the back interior lights are really dim. the cvpi is ok though.

The lightbar being black is window tint.  You can turn it off in the trainer.  If you want to fix it permanently, check my GTA V FAQs.

3 minutes ago, mikehuber said:

where are your faqs by the way?

Actually, small correction.  It's not in my FAQs, but is here.  Press CTRL F and search tint.

i used simple trainer to turn it off. now all i have to do is import the blue files again. i took the vehicle files out thinking it was an issue with them.

say listen do you have any blue light files for the prison transporter or the police transporter? also do you have any for rtoator lightbars?

i was wondering how to adjust the dirt texture for sheriff2 so it doesnt have the lights on the lightbar inside in the back  disappear because of dirt. i have used the trainer to clean the vehicle and it usually fixes the problem. i was wondering if there was a more permanent solution to the problem.

Edited by mikehuber