AdmiralOwl

Regular lag spikes at certain times (lot of data to analyse)

Hello LSPDFR community!

I would like a bit of help with a problem I have since I play LSPDFR mod. I occasionally suffers from lag spikes in-game.
When I am playing GTA 5 without LSPDFR I have around 60 fps and when I'm loading the plugin with the mods I have also ~40-50 fps, no problem I can deal with that.

Problem is, I got frequent lag spikes no matter what activity I'm doing (chasing, traffic stop, staying on a parking lot, ...). It goes from ~40-50 fps to 10, it lasts a few seconds and then I'm back at 50 fps for a minute or two.

For now, I will list all the useful stuffs you can look at below to help me (and people with similar issue) solve this problem. Maybe you have some tips to improve performances.

Important: I made some searches about this problem and of course I understand I'm not at all the only one who suffers from lag spikes. However, I thought it would be a good idea to explain my situation with a lot more details than the other topics to let you guys dig that up and maybe help me improving my LSPDFR experience as I would like, as many others, do some livestreams and videos about LSPDFR.

___

Here is a quick video to demonstrate the issue -
(0:00 = No lag, smooth even with modded rain | 0:37 = Lag spike begins | 0:58 = Lag spike ends + awesome doge between 2 cars haha | 1:10 = I take the same road again to show it's not linked to that specific spot without any lag spike)

Spoiler

Here is my Task Manager in the middle of a lag spike (nothing noticeable):

Spoiler

p71LFry.png

To add a context, here is my computer specs (it's not a laptop):

Spoiler

Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 280X

Processor: AMD FX-8320 8core Edition 3.5GHz

RAM: DDR3 8Go

Monitors: 2

Mods I'm currently using:

Spoiler

MODS

- LSPDFR

- LSPDFR+

- Arrest Manager

- Assorted Callouts

- Better EMS

- Callouts V

- CheepCallouts

- Code 3 Callouts

- Computer +

- Entity Persistence

- FelonyStopPlugin

- Interaction +

- LawCallouts

- MakePedsCalmAgain

- Mcallout

- ODLoadout v2

- OnSceneBackup

- PeterUCallouts

- Police Search

- RoadIncident Callouts

- Sergeant

- StopThePed

- Traffic Control

- Traffic Policer

- Wilderness Callouts

SCRIPTS

- ContextualMenuAPI

- PoliceMegaphoneVariety

- RW18.Sergeant

- NativeUI

My last RagePluginHook.log:

My in-game settings (pretty low as you can see, for testing purposes):

Spoiler

TLmYDXe.png

___

BG1W8ie.png

___

AA5zcHx.png

___

XdXm2Oc.png

7 hours ago, AdmiralOwl said:

Hello LSPDFR community!

I would like a bit of help with a problem I have since I play LSPDFR mod. I occasionally suffers from lag spikes in-game.
When I am playing GTA 5 without LSPDFR I have around 60 fps and when I'm loading the plugin with the mods I have also ~40-50 fps, no problem I can deal with that.

Problem is, I got frequent lag spikes no matter what activity I'm doing (chasing, traffic stop, staying on a parking lot, ...). It goes from ~40-50 fps to 10, it lasts a few seconds and then I'm back at 50 fps for a minute or two.

For now, I will list all the useful stuffs you can look at below to help me (and people with similar issue) solve this problem. Maybe you have some tips to improve performances.

Important: I made some searches about this problem and of course I understand I'm not at all the only one who suffers from lag spikes. However, I thought it would be a good idea to explain my situation with a lot more details than the other topics to let you guys dig that up and maybe help me improving my LSPDFR experience as I would like, as many others, do some livestreams and videos about LSPDFR.

___

Here is a quick video to demonstrate the issue -
(0:00 = No lag, smooth even with modded rain | 0:37 = Lag spike begins | 0:58 = Lag spike ends + awesome doge between 2 cars haha | 1:10 = I take the same road again to show it's not linked to that specific spot without any lag spike)

Hide contents

Here is my Task Manager in the middle of a lag spike (nothing noticeable):

Reveal hidden contents

p71LFry.png

To add a context, here is my computer specs (it's not a laptop):

Hide contents

Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 280X

Processor: AMD FX-8320 8core Edition 3.5GHz

RAM: DDR3 8Go

Monitors: 2

Mods I'm currently using:

Reveal hidden contents

MODS

- LSPDFR

- LSPDFR+

- Arrest Manager

- Assorted Callouts

- Better EMS

- Callouts V

- CheepCallouts

- Code 3 Callouts

- Computer +

- Entity Persistence

- FelonyStopPlugin

- Interaction +

- LawCallouts

- MakePedsCalmAgain

- Mcallout

- ODLoadout v2

- OnSceneBackup

- PeterUCallouts

- Police Search

- RoadIncident Callouts

- Sergeant

- StopThePed

- Traffic Control

- Traffic Policer

- Wilderness Callouts

SCRIPTS

- ContextualMenuAPI

- PoliceMegaphoneVariety

- RW18.Sergeant

- NativeUI

My last RagePluginHook.log:

Reveal hidden contents

My in-game settings (pretty low as you can see, for testing purposes):

Reveal hidden contents

TLmYDXe.png

___

BG1W8ie.png

___

AA5zcHx.png

___

XdXm2Oc.png

Remove your scripts folder. In your task manager you say nothing is noticeable but your max Ram is 8gb. Having gta running is making it go over 7gb. Your last ram space might be reserved for something else. Having near max Ram is never good. Upgrade your Ram its very cheap. Also do you have an antivirus? Sometimes they do random scans ingame and cause fps to drop similarly to yours. Avast used to do this too me. 

7 hours ago, Pav500 said:

Remove your scripts folder. In your task manager you say nothing is noticeable but your max Ram is 8gb. Having gta running is making it go over 7gb. Your last ram space might be reserved for something else. Having near max Ram is never good. Upgrade your Ram its very cheap. Also do you have an antivirus? Sometimes they do random scans ingame and cause fps to drop similarly to yours. Avast used to do this too me. 

Hello. Thank you for your help.

For the RAM I can understand near max is never good, thing is, when I play to GTA 5 the RAM is always at the same level and it's not laggy all the time, there is some spikes but it's like 30% of lag spikes for 70% of good performance. When I play without LSPDFR I never encounter any lag spikes. I'll probably upgrade my RAM next month anyway, as you said it's not really a big deal money-wise, just in case. Can't do any harm to have more RAM you know 🙂

For the Scripts folder, am I supposed to get rid of the scripts definitely? Some are really adding valuable content but I'm gonna try to move the content away and test like that, maybe it's worth it to loose a bit of content and have better performance.

I have Malwarebytes and I don't have any automatic scans scheduled, nor any past scans that could have happened for a reason or another.

9 hours ago, AdmiralOwl said:

Hello. Thank you for your help.

For the RAM I can understand near max is never good, thing is, when I play to GTA 5 the RAM is always at the same level and it's not laggy all the time, there is some spikes but it's like 30% of lag spikes for 70% of good performance. When I play without LSPDFR I never encounter any lag spikes. I'll probably upgrade my RAM next month anyway, as you said it's not really a big deal money-wise, just in case. Can't do any harm to have more RAM you know 🙂

For the Scripts folder, am I supposed to get rid of the scripts definitely? Some are really adding valuable content but I'm gonna try to move the content away and test like that, maybe it's worth it to loose a bit of content and have better performance.

I have Malwarebytes and I don't have any automatic scans scheduled, nor any past scans that could have happened for a reason or another.

It's not a scheduled scan. It's called active protecting or active scanning.

Scripts are known to cause Fps Drops. You have to test it out yourself by taking out scripts and testing it. 

6 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

It's not a scheduled scan. It's called active protecting or active scanning.

Scripts are known to cause Fps Drops. You have to test it out yourself by taking out scripts and testing it. 

I tried to deactivate Malwarebytes for a few minutes and also with a clean Scripts folder but the same thing is happening.