CaptainNegatory

Traffic Policer - Cars Don't Go Around Me?

Hello All,

I'm running traffic policer plus but when I am stopped in the roadway with lights on traffic does not go around me and gets backed up and clogged. If I turn the lights off and leave the car with no lights and sirens traffic will go around. Would appreciate any help with this issue! I also don't see court cases for anyone I arrest nor cite. I've re-pasted the files into my GTA V folder but it didn't change anything.

Best,

C. Negatory

Well that sounds like it works like it should.  When your lights are on the traffic will stop in the lane you're in and just wait.  And, yup, traffic can get backed up if you are handling a traffic stop.  If you can pull over to the side enough to let them through then it wouldn't get backed up but that isn't always an option depending on where you are stopping someone.  AI is designed stop when your lights are on, when they are behind you.  AI sees it as an emergency and will wait.   Sometimes blasting their horn as they are waiting but oh well.  I don't remember if there is something in the config settings of TP but I think most of us want traffic to wait when our lights are on.  If they go around , they will try to merge and AI is not the best at doing that.  Then there are fender benders, AI gets stuck, and traffic will still get backed up. 

On 9/25/2018 at 4:30 AM, CaptainNegatory said:

Hello All,

I'm running traffic policer plus but when I am stopped in the roadway with lights on traffic does not go around me and gets backed up and clogged. If I turn the lights off and leave the car with no lights and sirens traffic will go around. Would appreciate any help with this issue! I also don't see court cases for anyone I arrest nor cite. I've re-pasted the files into my GTA V folder but it didn't change anything.

Best,

C. Negatory

If your using ELS try to put in stage 1 or 2.  They may go around more because your not in stage 3.  Worth a Shot