Kristopher24

Ragehook version 0.63 problem

Hi guys, 

I've been trying to update my Ragehook to the newest version but every time I drag and drop the new files for version 0.63 into the GTA folder, the Ragehook icon disappears in the GTA 5 folder, not allowing me to open Ragehook at all.... Any ideas?

4 hours ago, Kristopher24 said:

Hi guys, 

I've been trying to update my Ragehook to the newest version but every time I drag and drop the new files for version 0.63 into the GTA folder, the Ragehook icon disappears in the GTA 5 folder, not allowing me to open Ragehook at all.... Any ideas?

Hello,
Can you post a screenshot of the folder where you are dragging the download from?
Thanks!

Here is both my ragehook version 0.63 file and my GTA folder which you can see Ragehook is in the file but it doesn't work. 

image.thumb.png.7157858a7e554f7e4852610e03156239.pngimage.thumb.png.6f62f7e970e640ce24b8b0fef88520c9.png

You are moving it from a zipped folder. The files must be unzipped for RPH to work properly. First, create a folder on your desktop and name it "RPH New". Next, extract the files from the zipped folder to the folder named "RPH New". I would suggest using WinRaR for this.

Edited by UnknownBastion

3 minutes ago, UnknownBastion said:

You are moving it from a zipped folder. The files must be unzipped for RPH to work properly. First, create a folder on your desktop and name it "RPH New". Next, extract the files from the zipped folder to the folder named "RPH New". I would suggest using WinRaR for this.

When I installed RPH I also directly dragged contents from the zip files in winRAR, I do this for pretty much everything else as well, except for oac files since they don't work in zips for some reason. It doesn't really matter to be honest since how zip files work is that they create a folder in your %temp% with all the contents and delete it after you close the zip file. 

1 minute ago, YoshePlays said:

When I installed RPH I also directly dragged contents from the zip files in winRAR, I do this for pretty much everything else as well, except for oac files since they don't work in zips for some reason. It doesn't really matter to be honest since how zip files work is that they create a folder in your %temp% with all the contents and delete it after you close the zip file. 

I, for some reason, cannot launch RPH if I don't unzip it. That is why I said it. Cause it messes up the launcher.

Thank you everyone! That worked!

Sorry I spoke to soon, the RPH stays in the gta folder now until I click on it to use it then an error sound pops up and it disappears again 

3 hours ago, Kristopher24 said:

Thank you everyone! That worked!

Sorry I spoke to soon, the RPH stays in the gta folder now until I click on it to use it then an error sound pops up and it disappears again 

Now, that would be your anti-virus. What type of anti-virus do you have?

3 hours ago, Kristopher24 said:

McAfee.... I tried putting it under the whitelist but couldn't figure out how

Do you run another anti-virus with it? For me, I just turn off the firewall, auto updates, and such because I have an additional anti-virus running that doesn't block RPH.

Edited by UnknownBastion

4 hours ago, Kristopher24 said:

It appears to be working fine now after turning off my firewall and auto updates! Thank you so much!

Awesome! Just make sure to turn it back on after you are done playing LSPDFR. Also, you might want to look into how to whitelist RPH, so it won't block it.