ovilexfan

Rage plugin Hook & GTA 5 crash on startup

I tried to launch GTA to play LSPDFR through Rage and after it says "loading and populating gameworld" I get a crash on rage and GTA 5. Tried running it on administrator mode, still the same thing. Below is my log and in the link is my crash files. The only thing I was doing was installing ELS vehicles, and I did those correctly. I did a clean reinstall of Rage, and it still crashes. Do I need to do a clean reinstall of GTA? Please help me.

Crash Files RagePluginHook.log RagePluginHook_06092018_164349.log

It may be best to reinstall GTA V completely, you should have your original directory backed up before you start messing with anything. What I do, is I back up its original directory to when I have no mods installed, to then when I have it installed and then the individual plugins folder itself all fully backed up.  That way it is far easier to establish what needs changing.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:13 PM, ovilexfan said:

I tried to launch GTA to play LSPDFR through Rage and after it says "loading and populating gameworld" I get a crash on rage and GTA 5. Tried running it on administrator mode, still the same thing. Below is my log and in the link is my crash files. The only thing I was doing was installing ELS vehicles, and I did those correctly. I did a clean reinstall of Rage, and it still crashes. Do I need to do a clean reinstall of GTA? Please help me.

Crash Files RagePluginHook.log RagePluginHook_06092018_164349.log

12 hours ago, pjwhunt98 said:

It may be best to reinstall GTA V completely, you should have your original directory backed up before you start messing with anything. What I do, is I back up its original directory to when I have no mods installed, to then when I have it installed and then the individual plugins folder itself all fully backed up.  That way it is far easier to establish what needs changing.

This goes to both of you -

1) ovilexfan never said if he used a mods folder or the vanilla directory.

2) Not the best idea to immediately suggest a full reinstall.  For some people, this could be a day or longer task.  If it turns out their problem could be resolved without doing that, you just caused them to uninstall and delete everything for no reason at all.

3) If neither of you used a mods folder, use it in the future!  This is your friend and will prevent the need to do a full reinstall.  http://openiv.com/?p=1132

@ovilexfan  Did you use a mods folder?  Did you edit vehicles.meta or carvariations at all? or did you only add the vehicles to OpenIV and nothing else?

Gio I have the same problem. Was running it fine for a couple weeks then it starts crashing. Full gta 5 install did not fix it either. Not sure how to send a crash report.

I edited everything properly, did the vehicles.meta and the carvarations, I tried following Albo's video on the pack, still nothing. Is it that Modding DLC Pack V doesn't work with the current version of GTA V? I've seen so many people use that pack and it works for them.