TheWeirdGuy74

Changing The Driver Peds

Ok so basically my question is if I wanted to, for example, make the highway cop ped spawn as the driver for vehicles police, police2, etc. would I simply just need to change the line in the vehicles.meta that reads "<driverName>S_M_Y_Cop_01</driverName>" to the hash for the hway cop? 

12 hours ago, TheWeirdGuy74 said:

Ok so basically my question is if I wanted to, for example, make the highway cop ped spawn as the driver for vehicles police, police2, etc. would I simply just need to change the line in the vehicles.meta that reads "<driverName>S_M_Y_Cop_01</driverName>" to the hash for the hway cop? 

Yes, however do note that this only applies to the ambient police.  For example, if you come up on "police2" leaving the police station, you will see highway cop driving it.  But, if you call for backup, it will be LSPD.  This can be changed in the backup.xml.

17 hours ago, Giordano said:

Yes, however do note that this only applies to the ambient police.  For example, if you come up on "police2" leaving the police station, you will see highway cop driving it.  But, if you call for backup, it will be LSPD.  This can be changed in the backup.xml.

Thanks for your response! I really appreciate all the help and support you give here in this community to us members! You've helped me on multiple occasions by responding to others!

18 hours ago, Giordano said:

Can the vehicles.meta peds be changed in to match the criteria in backup.xml like this?

<Ped comp_shirt="1" comp_decals="1" comp_pants="1" prop_head="0">s_m_y_hwaycop_01</Ped>

or does it not take that code?

8 hours ago, pcGAMEZguy said:

Can the vehicles.meta peds be changed in to match the criteria in backup.xml like this?

<Ped comp_shirt="1" comp_decals="1" comp_pants="1" prop_head="0">s_m_y_hwaycop_01</Ped>

or does it not take that code?

I'm not entirely sure on that part, as I've never tried customizing the vehicles.meta ped.  You can try it, but if you crash on loading, you know why.

4 minutes ago, Giordano said:

I'm not entirely sure on that part, as I've never tried customizing the vehicles.meta ped.  You can try it, but if you crash on loading, you know why.

Thanks Man Appreciate it.