tylerzegers28

Rage Hook Disappeared

I went on my computer to play LSPDFR. When looking for Rage Hook to launch the game, it was nowhere to be found on my computer..... I tried redownloading rage hook. After the download, the file shows all the items in it. However, after extracting the files, half of them are missing. The attached pictures show the file before and after extracting.

I'd greatly appreciate some help figuring this out.

Before Extraction.PNG

After Extraction.PNG

I had a problem withe Rage when I would try to launch it, it wouldn't launch and the Rage launcher (.exe) file would disappear but only that file.  Found out it was my McAfee anti-virus that was blocking it.  Maybe disable your anti virus, whatever it is and try to install and launch.  See if that does it. 

12 hours ago, JBin818 said:

I had a problem withe Rage when I would try to launch it, it wouldn't launch and the Rage launcher (.exe) file would disappear but only that file.  Found out it was my McAfee anti-virus that was blocking it.  Maybe disable your anti virus, whatever it is and try to install and launch.  See if that does it. 

This is the correct answer.  Despite the fact that Rage and LSPDFR mods are safe, anti-viruses false flag and in some cases, remove them.

15 hours ago, JBin818 said:

That did the trick. Thank you so much!  Do you have to disable that everytime to launch the game then too?

2 hours ago, tylerzegers28 said:

That did the trick. Thank you so much!  Do you have to disable that everytime to launch the game then too?

You shouldn't have to if you set GTA V as an exception in your AV.

19 hours ago, tylerzegers28 said:

If you have McAfee you should just disable Real Time Scanning.  Shouldn't really have to disable the whole thing.  Odd though, my Rage.exe disappeared today and i still have Real Time Scanning off.  Had to re-download RPH.  Not a fan of McAfee.  I am just using it because it came with my new comp.  I should just get rid of it and go with AVG,Avast or Avira.  I've had those in the past and never had a problem with them blocking gaming stuff.