Antix70

Suggestion: Vehicle Space Indicator.

So I'm pretty new to the GTA 5 mods/additions world, and I'm old (almost 50, (oi, hurts to type that)), so maybe there's an easier way that I'm just not seeing.

But when I download a vehicle from the vehicle mods section, there's no way of knowing, until I open the file up, which slot it's intended for.

For example, I'm looking for a replacement to the unmarked granger, which is FBI2 if I'm not mistaken, but there's no indicator on any of the file listings which slot it's built for. And I suck at trying to make them work in slots they don't belong by renaming things, already re-installed the game a couple times to clear up that mess.

I assume these kinds of indicators are possible, such is the case with ELS and NON-ELS, some folks list that in the title, but there's also an indicator on the file's page on the right side. So it would be cool if the vehicle models that were included in the file were indicated in some shape of form.

Or am I missing something blatantly obvious somewhere?

9 hours ago, Antix70 said:

So I'm pretty new to the GTA 5 mods/additions world, and I'm old (almost 50, (oi, hurts to type that)), so maybe there's an easier way that I'm just not seeing.

But when I download a vehicle from the vehicle mods section, there's no way of knowing, until I open the file up, which slot it's intended for.

For example, I'm looking for a replacement to the unmarked granger, which is FBI2 if I'm not mistaken, but there's no indicator on any of the file listings which slot it's built for. And I suck at trying to make them work in slots they don't belong by renaming things, already re-installed the game a couple times to clear up that mess.

I assume these kinds of indicators are possible, such is the case with ELS and NON-ELS, some folks list that in the title, but there's also an indicator on the file's page on the right side. So it would be cool if the vehicle models that were included in the file were indicated in some shape of form.

Or am I missing something blatantly obvious somewhere?

The vehicles can go in any slot and work fine.  An author may say "this has been optimized for blank slot", but that doesn't mean anything.  You can take a vehicle meant for police3 slot and put in pranger without issues.  You just need to edit the vehicles.meta to accommodate and rename the car files from police3 to pranger.

7 hours ago, Giordano said:

The vehicles can go in any slot and work fine.  An author may say "this has been optimized for blank slot", but that doesn't mean anything.  You can take a vehicle meant for police3 slot and put in pranger without issues.  You just need to edit the vehicles.meta to accommodate and rename the car files from police3 to pranger.

Thanks! I'll try that.