Haanicz

Can I use ELS with base game vehicles?

I don' really want to get into car modding, so I hope I can use ELS with the vehicles from the base game. Is that possible or do I have to install car mods with ELS support?

You have to install ELS-enabled vehicles. ELS uses extras to function, and all you will do by using ELS with base game police vehicles is make parts of them rapidly flicker.

You're welcome. If you want base game vehicles with ELS lighting, such a mod exists. I forget what it's called but if you search around in the vehicle models category with "ELS" as a filter you should find them.

Oh, yes, but that isn't an ideal solution. It'd be better for Haanicz to just get the vehicle models I suggested.

1 hour ago, Pipeline said:

Oh, yes, but that isn't an ideal solution. It'd be better for Haanicz to just get the vehicle models I suggested.

I wouldn't say it's better, nor would I say it isn't ideal.  You can use ELS and non ELS vehicles perfectly fine, you just won't have the functionality.

Hey guys, thanks for the support!

I have watched some youtube tutorials and decided that I will download some ELS cars.

However, I have one more question. In the pack there is a folder called "Templates" containing a bunch of png files. There is nothing about it in the readme. What am I supposed to do with it?

PS - this is the car pack i downloaded

Templates are for people who want to create new textures for the vehicles. You can delete them if you need space because they're not required when installing.