GABE127

Lights Get Very Dim Once Out Of Immediate Area

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

First off let me start by saying that this is on a Non-ELS vehicle. I have built a non els truck and the problem with it is as soon as you leave the immediate area.  ( about 20 feet game measurements ) I do indeed have LOD's that go up to L3... So you can sorta see the lights, but not exactly. I will include pictures to show what I am talking about. Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help, and sorry if this is a topic that has already been answered.

Thanks!

c09934ab15c681dc7fcfb94b41e1bfe4.jpg

c1dcaf1308c14931f9f624fd077ef274.png

Edited by GABE127

This affects both ELS and Non-ELS cars and is related to the bloom on the 'car.default.light.emissive' setting from visualSettings.dat. This setting affects vehicle emissive sources such as police lights, daytime car lights and taxi signs etc. The emissive bloom can only be produced if, in the graphics options, the Shader Quality and PostFX are set to at least High. The bloom as you say is only noticeable when up close to the emissive source but then diminishes as you walk away. What is seen as a workaround to this is the use of coronas positioned on the light bars in order for them to be visible from a distance. However, most vehicle creators don't set these up correctly, if at all. You'll notice the vanilla vehicles lights look good from the distance because the coronas have been setup well by R*. The other way of fixing this is to somehow change how the game produces bloom on emissive sources.  I believe that if this bloom can be altered then it will be somewhere in the Timcyc files or the Ambient Occlusion files (SSAO, HBAO etc.).

Okay, Then I have another stupid question. Would there be any way to put a corona in that does not scale from it? I realize that the coronas are actually the dummies and that is what the lights scale off of. I am just trying to get it so the coronas are not so noticeable, but still have the bloom effect at the same time. Any suggestions besides having to relocate the lights?

Thanks!

(Sorry for these stupid questions)

((If anyone has the time to hop into discord so I can ask a few more questions, Please PM me))

I don't know exactly. Coronas for non-ELS can be altered in some ways in carcols.ymt (xml unencrypted version for editing). ELS corona distance can be modified in the ini file. I set my distance to 1000.0 so that you can pretty much never see the coronas. Setting it to 1.0 makes the coronas always visible except for when the player is sitting in the car. Otherwise coronas for any vehicle would be added and edited in the vehicle model through ZModeler or whatever.

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.