Sign in to follow this  
guywithpie

Windows Live error

Ok, I recently got a new computer. My old one had wireless had no problems. My new one doesn't have wireless so we had to use an adapter. I installed GTAIV. However, when I got to the homescreen to sign in, it said some along the lines of "Couldn't sign in profile, could be caused by interent connection or services are down. My internet is working fine. I can't sign into the marketplace either. any solutions?

If your internet works fine for everything else except for Windows Live services, it's possible that the Live services are having technical problems. If you don't think that's the case, check to make sure it isn't behind a firewall.

If your internet works fine for everything else except for Windows Live services, it's possible that the Live services are having technical problems. If you don't think that's the case, check to make sure it isn't behind a firewall.

the services aren't having problems, and I deactivated the firewall and it still didn't work.

I haven't personally had this problem, so I'm just shooting for the most likely scenarios here. You could try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, that has a high likelihood of fixing the problem. If it doesn't, though, someone else will have to help from here. I'm not sure what the problem is.

did you give it proper details? I changed my PW and didnt apply it to my gtaiv, changed it and i was logged right in